Thread: Getting black screen with the MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB

Getting black screen with the MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB

Hi guys in my computer I am using computer in which I have MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB graphic card and my computer was working like a charm. I have bought new SSD to use with my computer and after connecting the SSD with my computer my system worked fine for some few days and then started giving me problems. Now whenever I start computer at that time I get black screen. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Getting black screen with the MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that you remove the MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB graphic card from your computer and after that you have to connect graphic card properly. You have to also check other connection in your computer and after checking that you have to see whether it makes any difference or not.

If you have already tried above trick and after that also if you are getting same problem then you have to try to solve this problem by clearing the CMOS in your computer. Many times by clearing the CMOS in your computer this type of problem can get solved and that is why I am giving you this suggestion.

To clear the CMOS in your system you have to follow these steps.
    • You have to first remove the power connection from your computer.
    • After that you have to wait for sometime or press power button for some time so it will drain capacitors.
    • Now from back of the input output panel you have to press Clear CMOS button.
    • After doing that CMOS will get cleared and then you have to try to connect power cable again and then check whether your problem get solved or not?

If clearing the CMOS in your computer does not help you to solve this problem then you have to remove MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB graphic card from your computer and after removing the MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB graphic card you have to connect different graphic card in your computer and then you have to check whether you are facing same problem or not. If you face same problem after that then problem is with your motherboard. If you don’t face the same problem then it means problem is with your MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning 1.5GB graphic card. You should also try to connect graphic card with different PCIe slot if you have on your motherboard and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

I have gone though the problem and I would like to ask you that in your computer which power supply unit you are using. I am asking you this because you have not specified anything about your systems configuration. Please post your PSU name so that I can give you proper reply.

I have cleared CMOS in my computer and after clearing the CMOS also I was facing same problem and after connecting different graphitic card also I am getting same problem with computer. Now after that I have also tried to fix this problem after connecting graphic card with different PCIe slot and after connecting the card with different slot also same problem occurred.

In my computer I have Xion 1100 Watt. Please tell me how to fix this problem?

You have mentioned that you are using Xion 1100 Watt. The power supply using which you are using is ok and I think it is not power supply but something else is causing this problem. You should check whether you are able to start the computer without graphic card or not. If you are able to start the system without graphic card then you have to update the BIOS In your system and after updating the BIOS your problem will get solved.

Most of the times updating the BIOS can helps you to solve this problem but If updating the BIOS does not help you to solve this problem then problem is with the graphic card in your computer. According to me you should return your graphic card to the retailer and then tell them about the problem which you ate facing with your graphic card.

I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

I have downloaded the latest BIOS file from the internet and after that I have updated the BIOS in my computer and after updating the BIOS in my computer all the things started working like a charm. Now I am not facing any problem with my computer. Thank you for helping me.