Thread: apple tv fails to stay in asleep mode

apple tv fails to stay in asleep mode

I bought new apple TV 2nd generation on this Christmas but whenever I put TV in sleep mode at night I see the light on automatically on the next morning, this happens every time when I put my TV in sleep mode, guys is there any suggestion how to stop it or how to fix this problem them please let me know.

re: apple tv fails to stay in asleep mode

Had same problem in my ATV, it don’t stay in sleep mode when I see my TV after sometime or in the next morning the white light on the front is on, so I don’t put my TV in sleep mode I off it directly.

Experienced same thing many times, I had habit to put TV in sleep mode but after I bought ATV I stopped doing this because each time I put my TV to sleep mode after sometime when I come back in my bed room for any work I found that the light is still on then I take remote and press 2-3 buttons randomly after 10 sec the TV appears on again without pressing on/off button.

Yap, same here first I thought that the problem is with remote I thought that the remote is working on background, after doing several research (such as take battery out of remote)I found that the remote is working fine the main problem is with this TV.

Hey, facing same problem here, I have two apple second generation tv and both do same thing of not staying in sleep mode more than 15-20 minute.

I use apple TV 2nd generation which I bought it now last month since I have start using this TV I found this problem that the TV is does not stay asleep., I think this major problem is with 2nd generation ATV because before using 2ng generation ATV I was using first generation ATV but I don’t find this problem in that TV.

Found same problem in my ATV, first I thought that it will get fixed by doing software update but still the problem was same, then I thought that there might be any hardware problem so I contact to the service department, after explaining them the problem of TV that is not staying in sleep mode they told me to use set timer I n your TV or in you’re a/v recover to kill your display somehow and don’t worry there is nothing wrong.

Yeah, my problem is solved and found solution for TV setting in sleep mode, guess the problem is same with all of them because when I done several researches I found that the sleep timer was set the time of 30 min so each time I set sleep time to my TV it starts automatically after 30minutes, so now I set time for time till when I want to keep my TV off. (ie. Till morning for about 8 hours)

Thanks for your suggestion, after some digging I found that even my sleep timer was set for 30 minutes, so that was the reason that whenever I would wake up I at morning I found my TV on after setting it to sleep mode at night.

The TV is still seems to be in sleep mode because the TV screen appears black, where usually tv get on and display feature but here only the front white light appears on, the tv will be in sleep mode till you press any button on remote.
    Once you press the button the TV wakes up. And about router it is in power strip which off when put at sleep mode and on after getting signal.

Thanks for your suggestion I was about to make a step to update my TV, and if it still don’t worked I would contact apple service centre and ask for replacement because it was very much annoying that the tv was bought just a month ago.