Thread: apple tv 2 unable to give output of 5.1 dolby audio

apple tv 2 unable to give output of 5.1 dolby audio

I have recently purchased Apple TV 2 and I have downloaded the HD content. I am glad using this TV. It has great features which can make anyone delighted. But I have found an bug in this tv. The receiver is unable to recognize the 5.1 Dolby audio. It fails to give the output of 5.1 Dolby audio surround sound. This is very annoying for me as I have paid to many for the Dolby and cannot get its benefits. Please suggest me about this issue. Any help will be appreciated. Tanks in advance.

Re: apple tv 2 unable to give output of 5.1 dolby audio

I think you should use the optical port to connect the receiver to the audio. And change the audio settings to ON if it is off. You should keep your language to default instead of English. Also download the HD content. Give me your feedback If there is still any issue regarding this.

I have tried all the procedure you have told me to do. I changed the audio settings to ON. Kept default as the language instead of English and also used the optical port to connect the receiver. But all these process is in vain as nothing has happened. It is still as it was earlier. Please give me suggestions. It is becoming very annoying for me.

With which HD content you have tested the Dolby audio?? The content you are using is self converted or not??? Have you tried with 2 audio tracks??? If not try using your first track as AAC Stereo/Dolby PLII and the second track as AC3 Pass-through.

I have tried HD content which I have taken from the apple store. It is directed from my apple tv 2 and I have also accessed with the home network to my Macbook Pro. But still the receiver is not responding to any sudio streams which is from starting installed in 5.1. it is really very frustrating now.

Your issue is very complex.do one thing swap the audio components so you can get idea whether the receiver is in working condition or not.By doing this you will also come to know is the audio is properly connected to the Dolby digital 5.1. Swap the components by using your HD cable box or the blue-ray player.

Kindly check if the itunes store has a DD5.1 track which you tested while trying the HD content. Normally when you connect the HDMI support to av amp it works. You can also try the handbrake function for encoding by using the Apple tv preset function. It will gradually stream within your Wifi connection to get the 5.1 Dolby audio output. All the movies or trailers do not have surround sound in them to give that 5.1 Dolby sound. You should check out which movies or trailers support Dolby sound. It will then work automatically.

I will suggest you connect your TV with HDMI which is more useful than optical port. After that, change the settings. Change the output from mono to stereo and also keep it AUTO. In my TV I have tried movies like "The Expendables (HD)" and "Karate Kid (SD)" and both have worked properly. The surround sound was great.

Thanks a lot guys. This has worked perfectly. I have connected HDTV via HDMI and receiver via optical port. Everything is working perfectly now. I am happy. I am really appreciated because you have helped me. Thanks again.