Thread: Cant seem to change to higher resolution

Cant seem to change to higher resolution

i have walked away from my pc and when i did i think my son has done something to it , as this problem has me baffled,

i normally run my pc's monitor at a resolution of 1680 by 1050 its a 22 inch monitor , when I got back to my pc it seemed to be running at 800 by 600, all good i thought I just change it back but when i did the icons stayed the same size and the monitor itself seemed to double in size , as in i have to put my cursor at the bottom of the screen , the screen scrolls down to reach the start bar , same goes for side to side , so its as if i can only see half the screen , no matter what resolution i try above 1024 by 768 it does the same thing , i have deleted and re installed my nvidia drivers 3 times to no avail i have the same prob

At the moment all i can do is run the pc at a resolution of 1024 by 768 which isnt real fun so any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Cant seem to change to higher resolution

You Should have mentioned your Operating system as well in the post. Anyways, as you said "the screen scrolls down to reach the start bar , same goes for side to side", i guess your son might have played with the monitor buttons and not with the OS. Try to reset the monitor settings (from monitor button). This should help. If not, please reply with OS you using and the monitor make/model.