Thread: technika 37 1080p tv lowers its resolution with overscan issue on pc

technika 37 1080p tv lowers its resolution with overscan issue on pc

hello guys, as i was supposing to have a connection to my Tv to PC by making use of vga cable and in my case there was good working, but i am not able to get it to run in its native resolution 1920x1080 so instead it ran at 1600x1200..but them i made a connection over an HDMI -dvi cable and there are issues concerning it.
    windows vista sets it to its native res but everything is so large for the screen(overscan) i have opened the nvidia control panel and made an attempt to have a re size of my desktop..the problem is nothing in this because but it lowers the resolution to 1814x1030 and by performing this i loose the image quality which i had it previously. i have made attempt for almost everything and i can think of .there is no auto config that i can locate on the tv remote so i am unable to move further . i am stick in this problem so would yo guys help me in this issue.

Re: technika 37 1080p tv lowers its resolution with overscan issue on pc

i think in this case you should make an attempt for booting into safe mode and making unisntall of the auto config program and everything to have a reset and it will work well in this case.

There is also another possibility of getting it correct. and according to me i cam e finding from different sited that there would be some options on the nvcp for having a over scan. you should have a look on it and you will find possible hint or clue after this.

thank you for your replies and help. but here i want to say that as you mentioned some options on the nvcp there is no overscan option of any sort only view hdcp status or re sizes desktop.and the problem is the same as it is resizing the desktop and there is a continuous lowering of the resolution to lower then what it should be.

i think it will be easy to discuss in this forum if you mention me the model number of the TV. and till then you should keep playing with the resolutions and see if you will be able to locate and one that looks right and fills the TV screen. according to people stating that they have found one that looks right but as they wish to display in its proper native resolution 1902x1080 it is displaying in 1814x1030 but that will lower what it was to be . and in this case i want to say that after reading up on the TV it is deff 1920*1080 and it should work in your case.

hello guys, I require to get a HDMI cable for my monitor yet and according to some people face problems regarding the settings in the nvcp for HDMI connections. and possibly i would like to say if you try in the nvcp make some setting and the res to 1080i and not 1080p and see what happens. you will come across possible solution after doing this.

hey, i also wanna say that it depends on the version of drivers which you make use of. check the version of drivers suitable for you. and then let me know whether you are facing issues regarding this matter again.

i made some tries as per your suggestion and then came across that it is the native resolution for the TV.and at least i suppose it is as its the only 1080i res in the menu its got a refresh rate of 25 though. in addition to this, i made a note of my screen just going dimmer at certain points at the time of scrolling down webpages and wanted to know whether is this a possible sighn that the res i have will tend to damage the tv. however for your further information , i am making use of latest nvidia display .

hello, i would like to say some solutions where i was having the same difficulty and i solved it for my friend as he was confused and had a question of whether it was possible for him to make use of TECHNIKA 700 37" as a pc monitor ? so , here, to him also and those users those who are having this question, You can make use of any TV as a monitor, whether it will be any good is another question.

in addition to this, most tv's have a setting that requires to be changed at the time of connecting to a PC. Also at times you need to make use of a specific HDMI port. i would like to say that before going for any step, always refer to your TV manual .

thanks for your replies.. i will consider all those points and make sure that everything goes OK. after having the solution i will make a note and then reply you back. thanks .