Thread: GPU burned while overclocking, free repair possible in warranty ??

GPU burned while overclocking, free repair possible in warranty ??

I used Powercolor 5770 graphics card on my system and two days before i overclock it with 1.322V. Yesterday night i found that the GPU is being burned out. MY GPU card is in warranty period. SO, is this possible to get the free warranty service with this overclocked and burned GPU?? Please describe few things about such warranty period and its rules. Thanks.

Re: GPU burned while overclocking, free repair possible in warranty ??

I don't think that the Powercolor 5770 graphics card owner gives you free repair in warranty period. Reason is simple you did overclocking on this GPU and in result most of the GPU or CPU owner didn't provide the free repair warranty service after overclocking. It happens maximum time. Hence i don't think that you can catch such free service on your GPU.

Same problem on my GPU and the company didn't provide me the free repair of GPU within warranty period. But in that time my GPU shows the burned mark. So, i have no option to pay extra charges for this process. This charges is being not high. So, if your GPU has been the burned mark, definitely you need to submit this card to service center and pay small amount of charge for repairing. YOU haven't get free service from such center.

Its totally depends upon the service center expert. Expert take the decision during to solve the GPU burned problem. Hence i would here mention that contact the service center and check the service center expert recommend about it.

Its clearly against the warranty terms and conditions set that provide the free repair service in the burned GPU. Also after overclocking no free repair service available on it. Its well for you to pay small amount for repairing your GPU. Its necessary for you.