Thread: Samsung DLP HL67A750 projection TV white Dots on screen

Samsung DLP HL67A750 projection TV white Dots on screen

I am using Samsung HLS5087WX DLP projection TV from last few years and recently gifted Samsung’s HL67A750 DLP to my brother. He never has used the DLP TV. Two days back he called me up and said the projection TV is showing some White color Dots on the screen and it is increasing in number after the TV is switch on. I told him to wait may be it will solve by itself. He said it is from last one week.
    I searched through the Internet for this issue and found that it is due to DMD chip. The Samsung has charged a little for the parts installation and some have got the replacement. So, after this we contacted the Samsung authority but they plainly refused to accept any defect in the DMD board and said that the replacing is not possible, only the chip will be changed but with a little fee.
    I am really disappointed with the harsh words of Samsung. Is there anyone who can help me in this?

Re: Samsung DLP HL67A750 projection TV white Dots on screen

The DLP TV that I bought was working until a weekend before. It is now developing white marks on the screen. I have changed bulb and other parts in this TV since I have purchased it. The replacement charge of DMD chip is so expensive that we can buy a Brand new LCD. Moreover, to make a replacement in the DLP TV will not assure you with the Guarantee in solving the problem. Moreover, even if they replaced the DMD chip or board surely you will be facing some other problems in future. At the end of the Day if they are charging you for replacing DMD chip is not a good idea from my point of view. Go as per your convenience.

A lot of consumers is facing White color patch in their DLP TV’s. Going through the information on why these white dots on DLP TV’s I would like to inform you that it is the bad quality of DMD chips that have been fixed in the DMD board. Around 4 models of Samsung and other manufactures have the same chip in their DLP TV’s. Therefore, Samsung is now giving the free fix to only those models. Try to contact them once again and get out of this issue. Tell them the model number, DMD chip board serial number. Hope they will understand your genuine request. Hope I answered as per your convenience.

I am not going to put my money on the Defective parts from the manufactures end. I have got fed up with this. In conversation with the Samsung like others, they said that they will cover the Chip part but they will charge for the installation process. On inquiring further, they did not end up in saying what will be the charged me for any DMD chip installation. I think something fishy on this.

I was facing the same problem a year before. After all this I am move on to other brand. I don’t understand why such a brand is losing its dignity. If they are having problems in their DMD chip-sets, accept it and make the replacement and move further. Why to make it pain in head of the consumers?

I am also finding some white dots on my Samsung DLP TV. It is extended warranty period. Now I have called up the Samsung and gave all the necessary details about the DLP TV and the issue of white dots. The white dots are not one or two; it’s all over the screen. It is a headache for me. The executive said they will surely help me by replacing the chip. Thank god for their support. Hope this issue is solved as soon as possible.