Thread: USB not working in Samsung PN42C430A1D Plasma TV

USB not working in Samsung PN42C430A1D Plasma TV

Recently we shifted our house and my dad bought a Samsung plasma TV in celebration for the new home. The model is PN42C430A1D written on the box. There was no connection from the Set to box. So, I thought to use USB thumb drive to play some videos and songs. I connected my device to the TV USB port and found that the USB drive is not accessing the TV.
    My device is DivX supported and certified. I am not getting what is the main problem. Either my USB has problem or something to do with my Plasma TV. Please is there anyone who can help me with this. Is there anyone who is going through this problem?

Re: USB not working in Samsung PN42C430A1D Plasma TV

Yes, I am also on the same boat like you. I am unable to view Any Videos on my Samsung plasma TV. Only the photo and MP3 are playing. I think I have made a wrong choice in buying a HD-TV. The overall features of this Samsung plasma TV is all good like the contrast and colors that it emits is absolutely amazing. It has the light sensor in it which senses the environment conditions in the room automatically adjust the brightness of TV. Overall it is a good TV but the limitation of not playing the movie from the USB thumb Drive is irritating. I think Samsung should come up with the idea of making a TV which satisfied their customer with the Video playback option.

Check your Thumb drive is compatible with your PN42C430A1D Plasma model. Because it does not support the NTFS file system USB, USB HDD and HUB. Moreover don’t use any other cable wire to connect USB. The extended cable is not compatible for your TV. check all this possibilities before connecting it to the TV port. Make sure to have all your Back up before connecting your Drive to the TV as it may affect your data on USB drive.

The model that you are using doesn’t support the Video files. When you insert the USB thumb drive, the Media Play option will display only “Photo, Music, and Setup”. The “video” option will not be shown. Sorry to say but you cannot play any video files with any Format. Though your thumb drive support the DivX and is certified but the TV is not access to support the video files.
    Hope this answer out query.

Apparently my issue was the same like yours. Even I talked to the Samsung Center but they said it can play Avi files. But it doesn’t help either. Just enjoying by seeing photos and MP3’s on my Samsung PN42C430A1D Plasma TV.

One best option for you is to change your PN42C430A1D Samsung TV with other Samsung TV. Although it is a new TV and under warranty. Replacement will be good for you. Check out the TV features before buying, I mean there are some HD-TV’s in the market which can play videos by Supporting Avi format files.