Thread: Not able to update the firmware of Samsung UE40B8000XPXXN

Not able to update the firmware of Samsung UE40B8000XPXXN

I am having a Samsung UE40B8000XPXXN and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am not able to update the firmware, I mean when I am trying to do so with a usb stick then it shows that it is looking for software update and after sometime it says that it is not able to find out the new software, I am having. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Not able to update the firmware of Samsung UE40B8000XPXXN

I am having a Samsung UE40B8000XPXXN and the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am not able to update the firmware, I mean when I am trying to do so with a usb stick then it shows that it is looking for software update and after sometime it says that it is not able to find out the new software, I am having. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    Before I suggest you something about this I just want to know that have you checked it out that you are installing the latest and the correct firmware for your tv and if possible also Update the firmware for the usb stick that you are using and see if it is making any difference or not, just check it out and then let me know what you get.

After your suggestion I have crossed checked it out and I have found the following to be the latest version of firmware:
    • LED TV UB7000 for Samsung UE40B8000XPXXN
    • ver.T-CHU7DEUC-2004.0 for 8000 series USB Firmware

I have found the above ones from the Dutch Samsung site, I have somehow managed to update the firmware of the usb stick that I am using but then when I am trying to update the firmware of the tv then I am having the same problem. Is there any other method that I can try out??

I am not that aware of the Dutch version of the firmware update but then I will suggest you to try out the following:
    • Format the usb stick that you are using
    • After that just launch the download with the destination directory that you are having on the usb stick
    • And then install into the television and then try to update the firmware.

Just try it out and see if this is helping you out or not??

I have tried out exactly what you have specified above but then the workaround does not seems to be making any difference, I am still getting the same message saying that the new software could not be found and all. This time I have also tried using other usb to do the same task but then even it did not helped and I got the same response from it as well, I just wanted to know that is this issue because of the firmware that I am having that is b8000??? As the version that I am having currently is compatible with the c+ common interface standard as well but then I am not that sure if that matters, do you have an idea about this??

Even I have been facing the same issue, I am using Samsung UE40B8000 and I have also tried out the above method but then I am still facing problem with the Belgian Firmware Update. I have been trying to find out a solution for the same in a no of forum but then I did had any luck yet,If anyone has a solution to fix the issue then please share it will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have checked out for the problem in other forums as well and one thing that I have noticed is that most of the people having this problem are having Model ue40b8000xpxxn and the other surprising thing that I have found is that the update that you have mentioned above is for the older B8000xw and not the ue40b8000xpxxn. I have also checked out on the Samsung global download center and there is difference between both bxw ones and the ue ones, if you all want then you can check out the same and find out the difference yourself.

I was going to share the same,I have found that the update that you have mentioned is designed for a specific model type and their subtype and they are not for the model that you are using so it won’t work in your case and that is why you all were having the above issues, It simply won’t update no matter what you try as the firmware isn't applicable to your television set. Hope that helps.