Thread: Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV has Color Distortion

sad Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV has Color Distortion

I have purchased the brand new Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV three months ago. Everything was going fine, but I don’t know why suddenly the TV has started showing some distorted colors. Two days ago it was showing pink color in some small areas but now it is showing the blue color in large quantity. It is very difficult to watch the TV with such distorted colors. I think I purchased a brand new LCD not a second hand Is there any suggestion why is this happening?
    Thank you in advance….

Re: Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV has Color Distortion

Most probably I would suggest you to get the LCD TV repaired. I am thinking that there would be some problem internally with the TV if it is considered to have the problem on all the inputs of the TV. Electronics may also be the major issue if some of the inputs are working properly. Although I am not able to tell you exactly what is the problem……

Yes, the problem is with all the inputs and that is why I called a TV Technician. He would be the better person to solve this problem. He told me that this problem was due to the panel board inside the LCD and he suggested me to buy a new Panel board instead of repairing it… But I don’t know what is the cost of the new panel board? Can anyone suggest me? Thanksss……

angry Re: Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV has Color Distortion

The technician should have repaired the Panel Board instead of giving you the option for replacing it. Its his job to repair the damaged parts of the LCD TV. But as you have questioned I would tell you that the cost of new panel board is $190. If you wish than you can replace it or get repaired….

sad Re: Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV has Color Distortion

I am really confused because the cost of replacing the old panel with a new one is $190. Is this worth to replace? Or is there any other solution that I can fix the color distortion issue without changing the panel board. Need Help… Please?

The problem is able to solve without replacing the Panel Board but only if the LCD TV is under the warranty. Normally, Samsung gives the warranty of 1 year but since you have crossed 2 years using the TV then I think it is better that you replace the Panel Board. And the charges for the fixing the panel are $190 and it would be less than $190 to replace the Panel. I would better suggest you to replace it.

Try to check whether there is any magnet nearby your LCD TV. If it is present then take it away from the LCD because sometimes due to the Magnet the TV changes the color to blue and pink. I know this is not a worth suggestion but sometimes due to small things big problems arises. Also if your TV is in the area where it is too hot then change the position of the LCD. Place it on the wall or near some cool area…..Thank You……

I was having the same problem .I don’t know why the Samsung LCD TV gets damaged after 1 year. Rather my old Samsung Flat CRT TV was too good in Comparison of this LCD TV. It worked well for 8 years without any problem. Replacing the panel would be the better option because I have done that too. Rather repairing the panel would cost more and what is the guarantee that it will not be damaged again…..Hope this helps….

smile Re: Samsung LA40R7 LCD TV has Color Distortion

Thank you so much…. I have replaced the old Panel Board with the new Panel Board and now the Color Distortion issue is solved. Thanks to all who have given me the suggestions on this topic. It was really very helpful to me…..