Thread: Sony Bravia KDL-26BX320 TV wont supports DTS audio

Sony Bravia KDL-26BX320 TV wont supports DTS audio

HI guys, have you ever noticed one thing with the above mentioned TV as whenever we play any file which contain DTS audio the TV refuses to play it and says that the audio format is not supported. Because of this thing i am pretty much unsure as if my Bravia supports DTS audio or not? any suggestion?

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-26BX320 TV wont supports DTS audio

As far as i know the TV model number that you have mentioned in the title doesn’t supports the audio format you have mentioned.

As far as i know the TV model number that you have mentioned in the title doesn’t supports the audio format you have mentioned.
    This is something surprising, anyways let it be..! but still there should be some way through which i could play them, is there any? Because i have huge collection of movies in the .MKV format which contains DTS audio, and if there isn’t anyways then it will be next to worthless. Please let mw know if there is any way to play them.

This is something surprising, anyways let it be..! but still there should be some way through which i could play them, is there any? Because i have huge collection of movies in the .MKV format which contains DTS audio, and if there isn’t anyways then it will be next to worthless. Please let me know if there is any way to play them.
    Obviously you can play them but before that let me aware you as your TV set can handle Dolby Digital sound only and not the one that you are expecting, and as far as another way is concerned, the best way for DTS is to connect it up to a blu ray player and stream the Audio by means of to a devoted Amp via digital optical/coaxial cable. As though i am not having the same TV but the model i have also doesn’t support this ting and i used to play all such files this way only.

You can have another option as well for the same thing but that would be something pathetic…because I was thinking like you can simply convert those file to the respective format that you TV supports actually.

I think this is just a lack of feature in the currently installed firmware in your TV and i think it should be resolved in the next update, thus according to me you should also check for the update after certain time. I am not sure as this feature will be added to the newer version but still you can hope for the best.