Thread: how to use any device to enter text in sony bravia KDL 32CX523

how to use any device to enter text in sony bravia KDL 32CX523

I bought a new Sony Bravia KDL 32CX523 TV , I am new in using a internet TV ,when I am trying to enter text in search box to watch youtube videos I am lost, is there any other device or gadget to enter text in the search box , I have tried google for a while and couldn’t find anything , I don’t have sony laptop or I –phone and can’t afford to buy it , I need any other device or gadget, please help me.

Re: how to use any device to enter text in sony bravia KDL 32CX523

You can enter text in the search box using your tv standard remote also , first you press ok button at the search screen and then you get another screen witth all the letters and numbers on it , then you can enter text in the way you want with the tv remote and press ok to search the result.

Sony has released a free firmware update , after upgrading , now you can use your smartphones as a remote control as well as access social networking sites like facebook and twitter,this making you much less difficult to enter text as compared to using a standard tv remote, the corresponding media remote application can be downloaded for free from apple iphone ,as well as you can use android smartphones to interact with the bravia LCD.

I don’t have an apple I phone ,I am using a android smartphone , can I use it as a remote control for my sony bravia LCD 32CX523, If yes, than how could I use it,please help me.

if you don’t have an apple i-phone ,you can use your android smartphone as a remote control to enter text in the search box easily , all you have to do is just download media remote application from android market and once you done with the download set it with your TV ,and finally pair your TV and your smartphone together.

if you have a sony PC than there is a software that allows you to enter text from the pc, the software called ‘remote keyboard’ and it is the part of VAIO software package ,remote keyboard is used to enabled VAIO computers to connect to Sony devices such as your bravia LCD TV, and other compatible sony devices. VAIO act as a keyboard for all sony devices to input text information quickly and conveniently and send it to the device respectively , when you load up remote keyboard it will search for your tv via LAN and register it.