Thread: Not able to get sound after installing ATI HD 3450

Not able to get sound after installing ATI HD 3450

I am using HP Desktop DC5800 computer and I have bought ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphic card and I am facing problem after installing the ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphic card in my computer. Now after installing the ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphic card in my computer I am not able to get sound. What should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Not able to get sound after installing ATI HD 3450

I think you are facing this problem because after installing the ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphic card in your computer it has disabled the onboard audio and to solve this problem you have to enable onboard audio and then your problem will get solved.

Yes I totally agree with above solution. You have to first turn on the computer and then you have to first go to the BIOS setting in your computer and after doing in to the BIOS setting you have to change the onboard audio options from there. Once you change the setting you have to save the setting by pressing the F10 key and after changing the setting you have you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer toy have to check whether your problem get solved or not. As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

You have to remove ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphic card from your computer and after removing the graphic card you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not. If after removing the graphic card you get sound then it means problem is with your ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphic card.

Have you try to solve this problem by clearing the CMOS in your HP DC5800 computer? If you have not tried to solve this problem by clearing the CMOS then you have to first clear the CMOS and after doing that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

As far as I know after clearing the CMOS your problem will get solved.

To clear the CMOS in you have to follow these steps.

• First shutdown your computer
    • After that you have to unplug everything from your computer.
    • Now you have to press the power button for some seconds.
    • Now you have to reset the CMOS by pressing yellow reset button for some seconds.
    • Now after that connect all cables with your computer and start the computer.

Now checked whether your problem gets solved or not?

I have tried to solve this problem by enabling the onboard audio from the BIOS but after trying that also I am facing same problem with my computer. Clearing the CMOS does not help me to solve this problem. When I remove my ATI Radeon HD 3450 graphic card from my computer after that it does not give me any problems.

Please tell me what should I do to get rid of this problem?

Well it looks like you need to update the BIOS in your computer. Many times y updating the BIOS in the computer we can solve this type of problem and that is why I am telling you this solution. In my system same problem was occurred and I have contact HP support and they told me to update BIOS and after updating the BIOS my problem get solved. you should also try this solution.

You have to download latest BIOS from the official site of the HP or you can download the latest BIOS file by clicking here DOWNLOAD and after updating the BIOS you will not face any problem with sound. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.