Thread: Unable to get bbc i- player on Sony KDL-32W5810 freesat tv

Unable to get bbc i- player on Sony KDL-32W5810 freesat tv

hi friends i am here getting some problem with my freesat tv. i am actually not get bbc i- player on my Sony KDL-32W5810. the set is connected with Ethernet cable and its works so good from last 6 to 7 years. but now somehow its giving me problem. i cant be able to connect it. anyone else have this kind of problem with this? please if anyone has any idea or have any solution for this than please provide me.

Re: Unable to get bbc i- player on Sony KDL-32W5810 freesat tv

here i must suggest you to contact your local service agent because he just take you set and test it in his lab, so that its get clear that the problem is in tv or getting problem with something else. i just heard the news that BBC aren't developing iPlayer on Freesat, i dont know this is true or just a rumor but i read this somewhere in the net. and i also heard that in the future yet not decided to launch any other IP services on those products. so better you go with some other product like, netbox or Blu-ray products. this is the best one and give you the best quality with HD. so i must suggest to go with other product.

i also have the Sony KDL-32W5810 freesat tv and getting same problem here from last few days. i bought this may be before 11 months and from last few days its giving me problem. i tried to search this on many places even i read some books from library and go through many guides, but no benefit so far.

today i just talk to BT and service agent used my laptop via remote control and check all the network settings and remove my firewall settings on the homehub. as per BT everything is ok, lan cable is just working good. after that i talk with the sony person and they check my tv mostly conform the ip address and and installed software version. also ping the laptop to check the network response. after all this checking they replied me that there are no problem with TV, the main problem is with network.

i have done a few thing in this case. i proceed with the factory settings in TV, after that disabling the firewall and check the lan settings and all, but nothing helpful. i contacted to technical person and they give me the same steps which you have stated in you post. anyway, i will try to contact them another time. this all things start before few days when i switched to BT Infinity.

I have a KDL-40W5810 and just lose the red button. i am on BT infinity from last few months and its works so good for me, so its sure that its not issue with connection and as per some information get recently, it may be problem occur recently. i also have the most recent firmware installed. after that i have tried to iPlayer to run on channel 901, but here its giving me no connection message.

i dont think so there are any fix for this yet. dont know the time period but there may be an OTA update in the future.