Thread: Home mode and shop mode in Sony kdl 40ex720

Home mode and shop mode in Sony kdl 40ex720

today i just get the delivery for my new Sony kdl 40ex720 tv and when i start it first time, i am getting selection box to choose Home mode and shop mode. i dont know what is Home mode and shop mode is, so just select home mode. now i just want to go backto that setting option to select the mode. so anyone have any idea how can i do this? and because i am new any one have any idea which is the best mode to select?

Re: Home mode and shop mode in Sony kdl 40ex720

to go to the mode setting page you have to do a factory reset. for any further detail about this, just check the manual or guide you get with the TV, that is the faq page in the manual.

i think you have choose proper mode. i dont thinks do you have to choose the shop mode. as per me home mode is best. you no need to change it.

Can you please tell me why you saying this? i mean why i cant select the shop mode? is this bad or some other reason behind this?

i am saying this just because you have to go with the standard settings. why you need to reduce the life span of your television set, you know shop mode is use for bright shops. so i just said this for your betterment.

i really not understand if you saying is true than why sony make this type of model and this kind of modes in it. sony is best for its quality and its brand popularity. so i dont thinks so sony wants there customer hates him. you have any experience for this oe you have read this somewhere or what is the thing? i mean how you know about this?

i dont thinks so shop mode reduce the life span as OP said. i am using life span from last 10 months and still i cant get any problem yet. and i dont know who tell you all this but sony giving guaranty for all his products. so i dont think so you have to worry about anything. you can choose any modes you want. but for selection of any mode you have to do factory reset as someone over said. i am not sure about this but if you want more information about this than please directly contact to sony they will guide you properly for this.

yes you are right. i have contacted the sony and they also said the same thing that you can select any mode. so dont worry select any without any problem.