Thread: Does Sony cx523 Internet tv need UWA-BR100 wireless adapter

Does Sony cx523 Internet tv need UWA-BR100 wireless adapter

i have bought the Sony cx523 Internet tv and i just go through some notes i got with it. and somewhere in that note i found that, its saying i need UWA-BR100 wireless adapter for this tv, which is of £50. so here i just want to know that, is this the only adapter or i can use any other? i am actually first time bought this sony product. so i just need the perfect answer for this, because this is bit costly. so please if anyone has any idea about the adapter selection for this tv than please know me.

Re: Does Sony cx523 Internet tv need UWA-BR100 wireless adapter

i am using this tv from last 14 months and as per my experience or how much i know about this, you need UWA-BR100 dongle, if you want to use any wireless route. this is the only dongle which is compatible with this tv, no other dongle will work with this.

hey thanks buddy for your help. i am finding for this on net but yet cant found anything more, so thanks for this and hope this will help for other people also who have this question.

i just heard that UWA-BR100 is not so good, because its not pick up signal so good. its only help when router and tv are in the same place, i mean in a same room. actually i am looking forward to buy the 40CX523 to use it for iplayer. why there are so difference to use this dongles or that? i dont think so sony blocked you from using other dongles for wifi.

i dont know why many users saying BR100 not working properly. this is worked so good for me. and i dont have any problem with this, maybe down to the strength of the signal from their router.

actually its not the case of blocking other dongles from working, its just because its a TV not a PC, which supports all drivers and have support of windows OS. All CE manufacturers make there own dongle which work nicely with there product.

i agree with you in this case. but here i have one question. if suppose i have internet TV and BD player, than does i need 2 dongles or one id enough? i think one id enough how much i read, but than also for safety side i just want to know about this, if anyone knows.

no, only one dongle is sufficient and just use it in device which has most features. when you going to update it just update it simply by connecting dongle to device. and i just newly read somewhere, one person saying that you dont even need sony dongle. any wireless Ethernet adapter works very nicely as you can found the Ethernet port in the back side of the TV and for this you no need of any drivers too.

Homeplugs is also a good alternative to the dongle, there are also lots of other better and more reliable connection with the ethernet cable.