Thread: ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor is making buzzing noise

ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor is making buzzing noise

I have recently bought a ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor and it was working well by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with suddenly and I have found that it has started making buzzing noise only when I am starting a game or when I am closing a game. The other thing that I have found is that the monitor stays in 3d-mode but then here the emitter light stays on for a while and then it goes off and it just stays on 3d-mode when I enter the main menu and the only solution that works here is “exit”. I don’t know what the issue is but then I want to solve it out. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

Re: ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor is making buzzing noise

I am having the same issue with the ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor and I have checked out for the cause of it and I have found that there is something wrong with the lightboost and I am saying this because I have experienced that the sound disappears and the monitor remains silent when the lightboost is turned “off” but then as soon as I turn it on then I again here the buzzing sound. I don’t know what solutions I will have to try get rid of this issue? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

I am having the same issue with the ASUS VG278H 3D Monitor and I have checked out for the cause of it and I have found that there is something wrong with the lightboost and I am saying this because I have experienced that the sound disappears and the monitor remains silent when the lightboost is turned “off” but then as soon as I turn it on then I again here the buzzing sound. I don’t know what solutions I will have to try get rid of this issue? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Even I have noticed the same but then I am not that sure about this because I think that the buzzing sound is coming from the integrated IR blaster as well as the lightboost, I mean that in my case I have tried turning the lightboost “off” but then the buzzing sound does not disappears full and I am still able to hear it which basically comes from the IR blaster. I have also found that when I am using the Nvidia 3D Vision Video Player then the backlight appears to be dim but then it works normal in the 2d mode and I don’t have any such problem out there.

I think that this might be due to some kind of hardware issue because I have been using the same and I have not yet faced any such problem, if possible try to contact the tech support and see what they have to say about this because I don’t think that there is a workaround for this issue.

I think that this might be due to some kind of hardware issue because I have been using the same and I have not yet faced any such problem, if possible try to contact the tech support and see what they have to say about this because I don’t think that there is a workaround for this issue.
    Even I think the same, I have raised the same problem in some forums and I have been looking a solution for the same but then I have not yet found a solution for this, I think that this is definitely some kind of hardware problem and I will contact the tech support and see what they know about this.

SOLUTION to VG278H IR Buzz Noise;

In the monitor OSD under [SYSTEM SETUP] change [3D IR MODE] to [LAN Party] to completely eliminate noise.

I believe it just reduces the output power of the IR emitter.
    I didn't notice any refractory degradation in glasses sync quality.

Changing to Consumer Compatible Mode (designed for long distance viewing) changes the buzz from a steady tone to a intermittent buzz, about 1 per second.

Hope this helps.