Thread: Asus EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 overheats while running the graphics intense programs

Asus EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 overheats while running the graphics intense programs

I bought the Asus EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 graphics card for myself and what I see is that whenever I run any of the graphics programs what I see is that the my system frees up and restarts it and it happens specially when I run any of the 3d games. So I thought that it would be the drivers problem so I re-installed the divers and also got the update for the drivers. But still have the same problem after rebooting the problem. For this I also tried decreasing the overclock by going to the settings using the smart Doctor and increasing the fan speed to high but still have the same problem. So have anyone gone this type of problem or do anyone know about this how it can be fixed.

Re: Asus EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 overheats while running the graphics intense programs

I think before doing any of the things, I want you to check your CPU temperature, as doing this will let you know whether the cpu of your is really overheating or not. Also you should do some of the RAM test and memtest86 in to your system.

Re: Asus EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 overheats while running the graphics intense programs

I ran all the test which you have mentioned and what I found is that the test which I conducted on the CPU and got the results of 45oc - 55o and also checked by running the 3d games I think the temp I’m getting is normal. And apart from this I checked the power supply in the system and also tried removing the card from the PCI slot and replacing back. So what should I do after this as the temperature of the cpu is normal and seems ok. So what can be other reason for this.

First thing which I want you ask is that have you got the good power supply as according to me graphics card which you are using must require atleast 450watt unit. And for this I assume that your power supply is capable of holding 450watts powers supply. If you think that your Asus EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5 graphics card is overheating than try few of this things :-

• First thing you need to do is that uninstall the ASUS drivers and also try removing the gamerosd.
    • Now try installing the latest drivers from the AMD site.
    • And still you are facing with this then try your GPU attaching it in different system and see whether the GPU is functioning well or having the same problem.

Earlier had the same issue of the graphics card getting overheated and trying with the above procedure actually I got it fixed and is not giving any issue of overheating.

One of my friend suggested me that the I should try re-installing the OS, but want to confirm from here should I try reinstalling the OS or not. So can anyone help me out with this?

If you are having the issue of graphics card getting overheated then I would say that you should try reinstalling the OS. But the doubt which I’m getting is of the power supply but as you are saying that you have checked the power supply then you can try reinstalling the OS.