Thread: Flickering During Game Play (Windows 7)

Flickering During Game Play (Windows 7)

Hello, I just put together a new barebone kit. I decided to install Windows 7 on it. Now the graphics card I've used for a while now is a PCI based nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (by PNY). It's worked playing games before, without flickering, but on Windows XP. Now this card doesn't give flickering on games when running on an XP machine, only on Windows 7 (I've tested it). So is the driver just not appropriate for Windows 7? If so, is there an updated or fixed version I can use that I don't know about? Thanks.
    -Eli

Re: Flickering During Game Play (Windows 7)

I think issue is seems to be associated with the drivers only. So get the appropriate drivers and install the same on the computer of yours. You can get the same from the official website of the graphic card drivers and install the same on the computer.
    For curiosity I wanted to know which game you are playing on the computer. Also see that the hardware configuration of your computer is meeting the minimum system requirements.

Re: Flickering During Game Play (Windows 7)

Well about the drivers-I used the same disk for the drivers on each computer. The only difference was the version of drivers the disk came with (XP/Vista). Now, do you think the problem is that the newest drivers included are meant for specifically Vista? I know Vista programs are supposed to be compatible with windows 7.

Anyway the games I play are all similar in minimum requirements. Such as Portal or Half-Life. Right now my system is running on a AMD Phenom II X4 830 @ 2.6GHz, with 8 gig of DDR3 Ram. Because I'm currently using Windows 7 32 bit the computer only let's me use 4 gigs of the ram. But, a friend is sending me a 64bit version of Windows 7 Enterprise, so I'll be able to use all of the 8gigs.
    -Eli