Thread: Games keeps crashing with Asus ENGTX580 graphic card

Games keeps crashing with Asus ENGTX580 graphic card

Hello, i am having a machine in which i have installed windows 7 and along with that i have mounted some games as well in the machine. and as the title implies i have noticed as the computer keeps crashing with the games and I've been believing the VGA for a while...!

The corroboration that things are not right came while I started playing Rage. The game is showing a random horizontal bar where it seems to have some sort of lag on the rendering.

Also the colors and shadows appears off beam, but Rage is the little dilemma. But when we concern Battlefield 3 and Need for Speed The Run, always crash soon after the loading. Any suggestion for resolving this?

Re: Games keeps crashing with Asus ENGTX580 graphic card

I would like to recommend you that can you please mentioned what temperature you are getting on the BIOS for the hardware? Because it seems like surely there could be some problem with the overheating only. As you have mentioned like it might be possible like the GPU must be overheating but alongside it would be better to test the whole machine for finding out the exact threat. By the way can you please mentioned the specification of you machine so that i could understand whether is some problem because of any mismatched hardware.

I am assuming as you must have installed perfect drivers in your machine for particular hardware. Because it seems like this kind of crashing use to happens because of the imperfect drivers or just because of the corrupted drivers installed in the machine. thus first of all you should first of all make sure whether the one that you have installed in your machine is working perfectly or not.

I know this is quite difficult to make out whether they are working or not, but still you can easily identify its malfunctioning. If you are not able to identify whether there is any problem or not then you should simply reinstall the driver and see whether there is any variation or not?

While reinstalling the drivers you should also make sure whether you are installing the most recent drivers in your machine rather than the one that you have previously installed in your machine. you can visit the product manufacturer’s official site for most recent drivers.

once i was also getting the same problem with the BF3 but that was actually due to the OC that i have done on the GPU, but after resetting it to the normal settings everything were going fine.

I am not sure but still I suspect that instead of your GPU crashing, it could be your CPU. And most perhaps due to heat sink or thermal paste not mounted correctly causing CPU to overheat under load. According to me you should first try to download Prime95 and CoreTemp64, then run both, and monitor your Core Temps of the machine. Prime95 loads your cpu at 100% and if this is the problem it will crash pretty hastily whilst running Prime95.

Have you ever noticed overheating in your machine? because i think there could be some problem with the overheating, thus according to me you should first make sure whether your machine suffers from overheating or not.

And once you found out any such problem with the machine you can have so many solution for the same such as you can simply keep the machine in cooler place, try another fan in your machine, keep extra fan if needed, and if suppose you have noticed the temperature ratio to be quite higher then it would be better to put the thermal compound material on the CPU and see what happens.

you should also concerned the memory modules that you have installed in your machine. because they could also cause problem if you have installed more than one. in my opinion you should also attempt to test the memory modules through the memtest software.

are you sure those games that you have installed in your machine is working perfectly? because it is quite difficult to figure out whether there is some problem with the game or with the hardware that you have installed and at this moment it would be always better to start troubleshooting from the software part itself and in that you can consider this game as well. thus according to me you should first try to reinstall the game once in the machine and see whether you are getting the same thing or there is any difference. Apart from that you can have another option as well like you should also test the same game on any other machine as well so that you can have better idea about the same.

I would like to recommend you that can you please mentioned what temperature you are getting on the BIOS for the hardware? Because it seems like surely there could be some problem with the overheating only. As you have mentioned like it might be possible like the GPU must be overheating but alongside it would be better to test the whole machine for finding out the exact threat. By the way can you please mentioned the specification of you machine so that i could understand whether is some problem because of any mismatched hardware.
    Nope, I don’t think there could be any problem with the hardware that I have installed in the machine but still it seems like there could be some problem with the Graphic card that i have installed….because see i have tried the same card on another machine as well, but almost the problem was similar, anyways i have mentioned the specification below…and thanks for the suggestion.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68UD3P-D3

processor: Intel i7 2600k

RAM: kingstone 1033 2gb ddr3 X2 vga:

Asus Twin-Frozer GTX580 Driver v.: 285.62

I was also thinking about the same like surely there could be some problem with the GPU installed in your machine, you should contact the service center and test the hardware that you have and see what they are saying about the same.