Thread: Asus VE248H monitor ghosting

Asus VE248H monitor ghosting

HI, is there anybody over here having this monitor? Because see i have noticed as this monitor is supposed to be 2ms but reality it does ghosting. Thus when i was in doubt, I have checked In the specifications and in that they have mentioned as there's the "trace free technology" but essentially on this monitor there's no trace free option. That alternative should fix all the ghosting related problems.

Asus should fix this problem, you can't give the wrong impression about the customer like that. I hope it's just an fault (and not proposed) and you are going to fix this. but still before that can anybody let me know if there is any feasible solution for the same?

re: Asus VE248H monitor ghosting

I am not sure about this but let me know are you talking about motion blur or ghosting? Ghosting in point of fact refers to considering a somewhat offset, discolored image. Motion blur is the effect you obtain while the LCD can't update the screen fast sufficient. I'm guessing you're referring to the motion blur, and the simple answer is that LCDs don't enliven as rapidly as CRT phosphors. I can't discover the exact specifications on that monitor right now that you are having, but I would guess that it has a 20 ms or farther more slower reaction time, which would absolutely lead to a noticeable afterimage in games.

Are you using a good quality cable? How long is the cable? Because size do matters. do you have another cable through which you can attempt an test?

I'm speculating as why you are running such a stumpy refresh rate that’s it seems it would be surely around “70, I’d rather decrease the screen resolution to as low as down to 1024x768 if require be and boost the screen refresh rate up 90 or higher, windows will inform you what the maximum is based on your pc's capabilities. But for that you need to observe if that does anything for your blurs.

I verify the trouble and the lack of ghosting menu of potential to adjust the trace free. I hope for a resolution of the trouble.

see far as i know this monitor ghosting point to a quandary with input signal extinction and some of the causes comprises:

• Long monitor cables, substandard quality cables & cable extensions

• whilst monitors are not correctly daisy chained

• or while the monitor electronics or video source are faulty

apart from that i have also heard that ghosting happens more on LCD monitors just because of image response lag and generally happens to the older LCDs. A ghosting examination can tell you how much of this your monitor undergoes from.

well, if the refresh rate of the screen is over say 10ms you can see ghosting with no matter whichever monitor but consequently the screen is not able to black out the pixels fast enough.

I am not sure what could be the problem in your case but still se i have mentioned Factors which influence the amount of Ghosting in monitors.
    • perseverance time of the monitor tube - the shorter the less ghosting

• Contrasts inside the image - hard contrasts construct burly ghosting

• LCD-quality - light blocking ratio,

• Voltage/battery condition of the glasses

• revive rate - the superior the more ghosting !?

• Brightness & Contrast setting of monitor

• Parallax size

• correctness of organization among glasses and monitor

• Resolution

• Display method - interlace vs. page-flipping

Re: Asus VE248H monitor ghosting

I am completely agree with the above user but still you can have too many solution for the same. anyways see first of all you should try to get refresh rate down, apart from that get brightness up…and consequently obtain contrast down. If your monitor have settings for parallax then you should make it lesser.

If none of the above works you can simply make use fast-phosphor projector. With this always use low contrast applications and games, e.g. favor day-scenes over night-scenarios.