Thread: Computer Reboots after installing GeForce GT 430

Computer Reboots after installing GeForce GT 430

I have recently installed GeForce GT 430 video card and it has been installed without ant problem but then the problem that I am facing now is that the computer reboots automatically after 15 minutes into a blu ray. I am also having a HTPC has a 270watt PSU and I think that there is something wrong with it but then I am not sure about the same. I also wanted to know that if I want to keep it under powered than what will be the best PSU?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Computer Reboots after installing GeForce GT 430

I have recently installed GeForce GT 430 video card and it has been installed without ant problem but then the problem that I am facing now is that the computer reboots automatically after 15 minutes into a blu ray. I am also having a HTPC has a 270watt PSU and I think that there is something wrong with it but then I am not sure about the same. I also wanted to know that if I want to keep it under powered than what will be the best PSU?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to get the 650 or better psu because the PSU that you are having seems to blow up, just change it as soon as possible.

That’s really weird but then I just wanted to know the following
    • Do you get any error message before the machine reboots?
    • Have you checked out the drives as have found any things suspicious out there?

I think that having a psu between 350 - 450 ranges will be a better idea. I have found that this is a common issue with the nvidia and in order to solve it out 650 watt is best for an htpc.

No I am not getting any kind of error messages for the same as the computer just turn off directly and maybe that’s the reason I am not able to trace out the cause of it. I have checked out in the driver list and I think that there is something suspicious, I mean that I am able to see more than one drive may be it belongs to the old one, What should I do now I think that this can be the culprit??

Maybe but then I am really not sure about it, you can try to uninstall the drivers and then reinstall the needed ones again. Just try it out and then let me know if it is solving the issue or not?

I don’t think that it is actually helping me out, I have uninstalled every driver and I have also installed them respectively as well but then after that the computer was working fine with the Regular blu rays that I am having but then when I enabled 3d Vision and started playing a 3d movie then the computer again got froze. I tried rebooting the machine and doing the same again but then I got the same response from it. Is there any other method that I can try out?? I am really running out of ideas but then I really want to solve it out somehow, please help!!

If that’s not working then I will suggest you to uninstall the chipset drivers and then reinstall them again but then if you have done that before and it did not help then I think that the only option that is left for you is doing a clean installation of the windows. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not. I think that a clean installation should surely solve the issue.

I have tried out for uninstalling and then reinstalling the chipset drivers but then they did not helped, I will try out the clean installation process of the windows and will let you know if I am able to solve the issue or not, anyways thanks for your help so far, I really appreciate it.