Thread: Fan noise in 24" cinema display

Fan noise in 24" cinema display

I have two weeks since an LED Cinema Display to use, but I notice a "buzzing" sound which i think coming from the fan or power supply, there are others marks that are affected, is it normal? what can i do to fix this? anyone else have this problem with yours? or anyone have any solution for this?

Re: Fan noise in 24" cinema display

I have to mention that, I heard a fan running alarmingly fast. Only once since then and it never came back so fast. You hear it almost impossible, if only with your ears below the display is listening. Remotely (if you are just facing the screen) is more buzz. Normally a screen in the back lost its heat but because the cinema display in a closed shell are found to be transported down by a fan. And if it is slightly warmer in the house and the screen for a long time, its turned more heat to be withdrawn. I think you have to worry much.

I dont know exactly what you hear, but a beep sound from the power supply is possible. Sometimes this can be overcome to put on a grounded dust, its all that I would not wait to call apple person (if it continues, of course i will).

I got my cinema display repair after long months of waiting at the Apple Store. They changed everything in it and looks completely new. and to my surprise, the screen is a fan noise not very pleasant. how to reduce this noise. the fan does it as much as before except that it is lousy, or it sounds too fast. I do not know. if anyone has a solution or the same problem, I'm interested to know.

I bought a MBP 24". I used the same model for 6 months to buy mine, and I see that the breakdown of my MBP is constantly on the floor, while I had never seen this before on the one I use. I am surprised and a little perplexed. Could this be from a malfunction of my MBP? For information I just try go through some sites.

Everything seems normal. The fans should run at 2000 revolutions / min to a minimum. Even with the fans on your old computer, it should have been the same, unless it expressly declined the speed with a utility(smcFanControl, etc). If noise is excessive at this speed, it's a fan problem.

I never paid attention to the former MBP (though the same series) and I never needed to use iStat far. If it concerns a fan, I guess I'm good to call the Apple customer service (I'm still in the contact of technical assistance by phone).

First try if possible to compare with another MBP of the same generation (possibly that of a friend). Otherwise, try it for yourself an idea of the possible non-normality of the situation by lowering the ear of the right palm rest: the sound of the DD (assuming you have a HDD) should exceed the noise perceived at the same time of ventilation (or at least of a very similar).

I hear the sound coming from what seems to be the breakdown: the intersection between the keyboard and the screen. I must press my ear to the wrist rest for the operating noise inside the mac sounds and is stronger than the noise of the ventilation. I will try to compare on occasion, but I will probably call customer service. I did a Time Machine for backup.