Thread: How to use Thunderbolt with Apple Cinema Display

How to use Thunderbolt with Apple Cinema Display

I have recently purchased the Thunderbolt that was with the iMac and I am thinking to make use of that with the Cinema Display using the ADC connector. To do that, I am using the ADC-to-DVI adapter which directly goes to DVI-to-Mini DisplayPort adapter. There is no problem with the older Mini-DVI Macs but that is not working with the new port. When I rebooted the computer then I found that it was showing me the black screen. Can somebody tell me that what is the problem with this and how it can be solved. Please help me.

Re: How to use Thunderbolt with Apple Cinema Display

I would like to tell you that the name on the ADC adapter really does not matter. Point is that, it must produce the 28 Volts @ upto 4 Amps Power. This is because the ADC Cinema flat pane is having the polycarbonite frame and that is not having the power supply for that. If you are using the simple cable adapter that that will not be enough for that.

With its 27 "display with LED backlight, the new Thunderbolt display more brilliant display. If you are a Mac user and connected with Thunderbolt, then I would like to tell you that it is even a plug-and-play hub for everything you do. You get a high-resolution 27" display Ethernet with high quality audio system, an integrated FaceTime HD camera and support for FireWire 800 and gigabit. The Thunderbolt Apple display can be connected via the MagSafe connector, a connected MacBook Pro or MacBook Air will be charged thereby. The power connection is always there when you need him, right on your desktop. This is somewhere on a dusty outlet underneath.

If you want then you can also connect two displays to one Thunderbolt 15 "or 17" MacBook Pro or an iMac, and fetch that and this will result in whopping 7 million extra pixels. Turn your MacBook Pro with the desktop workstation connected to Thunderbolt additional devices, such as high-speed hard drives and devices for professional video and audio recording directly to the display.

If you don’t know then I want to inform you that recently Apple has released series of firmware updates that can be used for the Mac mini. This can be also used with the MacBook Pro and MacBook so that it can support the Cinema Display 27 "Thunderbolt. This is visually almost identical to the previous 27-inch LED Cinema Display, the most important update is to the compatibility Thunderbolt. This is for the first time to use with the two screens in along with the single port so that Mac Thunderbolt can provide enough graphics power to support the load pixels.

I think that there is some problem with the display of the Apple Cinema and to get this problem resolved, you will have to change the display with a new one. The Thunderbolt Display is the first launched monitor which is equipped with connectivity to the Intel flash : the Thunderbolt Display. This is a 27-inch monitor that takes up the overall look of the Cinema Display and includes an IPS panel with 2560x1440 definition that retains the ratio 16:9. It's an LED backlight that allows this monitor to have a brightness of 375 cd per square meter and a contrast ratio of 1000:1. In addition, a webcam compatible with FaceTime is available to the slab.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy_i3 View Post
    If you want then you can also connect two displays to one Thunderbolt 15 "or 17" MacBook Pro or an iMac, and fetch that and this will result in whopping 7 million extra pixels. Turn your MacBook Pro with the desktop workstation connected to Thunderbolt additional devices, such as high-speed hard drives and devices for professional video and audio recording directly to the display.
    Thank you so much for the reply. Finally I have managed to do that. I hope that this thread will be helpful to other users as well who are searching for the same.