Thread: No brightness control on Apple cinema display

No brightness control on Apple cinema display

I am having a workstation which is a brand new but it doesn’t have brightness control either from external or internal. I am having problem with its light coming from the brightness, so I went for setting to see the option for brightness but there is no sliding or any option available for. Even there is no option to control it via keyboard. I have tried to reset the System Management Controller by connecting to system.

Re: No brightness control on Apple cinema display

Here I want to ask which Cinema Display do you have? As I am having 30” inch display and its brightness control is at the side of the display and F1 and F2 key doing the darken and lighten job. For contrast there is no specific setting but by display setting you can go to color and then calibrate, then expert check box and check it and then go through the steps, you will be able to adjust your brightness and contrast. And if this brightness is not set as default then go for default setting off display.

I am having 24” display and I did whatever you told me but nothing will happen. There is no physical button on the display. I called to the IT help support people because last time when they came, they put my Mac at 10.5.8 and from that time it can’t control the display.

I too having a thirty inch display and there is one more option to set the brightness, let see if works.
    In the system preference, go to Display and click the option. There you will find the option for disabling brightness button on the keyboard. When I checked it, doesn’t work and the monitor is locked at full brightness. By un checking it you are able to use the keyboard and can adjust the brightness.

I also having 30” monitor and it is having brightness slider under the display menu but I am having two other monitor but they don’t have slider option but in the display menu it is having color option which let you do the darker your display light. In the Acer monitor, this option is available to dim the light under the display menu section. This is available under advance color setting, but you have to save your profile and then need to do the changes.

If you have second DVI port on your video card then change it to that or try to borrow a monitor from your friends or relatives and see if options is available. And you can upgrade your Mac OS X Snow Leopard so that can get the brightness slider. And you can set your computer to its default setting. Try to zap the pram by holding four buttons (Apple, shift, p and r) and press the power button at the same time and hold it until computer boot as a default.