Thread: Thunderbolt Display is Flickering after connecting it to the iMac

Thunderbolt Display is Flickering after connecting it to the iMac

I am having a 27" iMac have recently bought a new 27" Thunderbolt display as I wanted to have a dual-monitor configuration and I have connected the new display using its built in cable with the Thunderbolt port of the iMac but now I have found that the Thunderbolt Display is Flickering in between foe one second and this happens a no of time. I don’t know what to do now, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.

Re: Thunderbolt Display is Flickering after connecting it to the iMac

I am having a 27" iMac have recently bought a new 27" Thunderbolt display as I wanted to have a dual-monitor configuration and I have connected the new display using its built in cable with the Thunderbolt port of the iMac but now I have found that the Thunderbolt Display is Flickering in between foe one second and this happens a no of time. I don’t know what to do now, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well.
    Even I am using iMac i7 with a 2 dual screen setup from which one is 24" ACD and the other is Thunderbolt display but then I have never faced any such issue till now, I am having the latest firmware for them so make sure that you are having it too, in order to avoid such problem. The only problem that I had faced was that when I had turned on the computer from sleep then only 24" ACD working fine and the Thunderbolt display was appearing to be black out but then later I was able to solve it out by putting it in to the sleep mode and then waking it up and then rebooting the iMac i7.So if you face the same further than you can try this out.

I am really thankful to you for that but then I want to solve the problem that I am facing currently and as far as the firmware is concerned I am sure that I am having the latest firmware but then it is just not making any difference, is there any other solution that I can try out, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Hey I was facing the same and I had tried out updating the firmware and all but then they were hardly making any difference, later after trying out a no of workaround I had contacted the apple support and I have found that they were aware of this problem, and they said that they have received a lot of complains regarding the same, they said that it is not a problem with the whole range but then it is being found in some of them. I was told to bring it back to the store and I did the same and got a replacement as well and now it is just working fine without ant problem. So I will suggest you to do the same.

You can go for that very well but then I will suggest you to wait for some time because I have found that the 10.7.2 will be releasing soon and I think that this update might fix all this issues as they will be having graphic updates as well as firmware update so if you want then you can go for the same or else you can go for the replacement thing.

You can go for that very well but then I will suggest you to wait for some time because I have found that the 10.7.2 will be releasing soon and I think that this update might fix all this issues as they will be having graphic updates as well as firmware update so if you want then you can go for the same or else you can go for the replacement thing.

Thanks for informing me about the same, I was really not aware of it, I think that I will give it a try and will definitely let you know the result, I mean that I can wait till the 14 days trial does not get over because after that I can take any chance.

That’s fine, as far as I am aware the 10.7.2 will be releasing in the coming two weeks but then I am not aware of the exact date but then if you are lucky enough then you will get a chance to try it out. If you get a chance then do not miss it because latest beta for 10.7.2 is targeting the thunderbolt and graphical components and it is also having an integration of iCloud so I think that this will really be helpful for overcoming such graphical issue related with the thunderbolt.

I think that it has been officially announced as well, I have found this link where you can find the firmware and they have also explained the process in detail. Just check it out and see if it helps.

Thanks for that but then I have gone through it and I have found that the firmware update that they have provided there is only for the older displays and we are having problem with the thunderbolt which is the latest one, I don’t think it will help out and i don’t think that people having thunderbolt will try it out because we already have a lot of problem and don’t want to have some more. If you find a firmware for the flickering issue with the thunderbolt than please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

I am having the same problem with the new 27" iMac and a new Thunderbolt Display, I have been facing the same since the day I have connected them and the screen just keeps flickering in between for 1 second. I have found this that it happens more if the mouse and the keyboard is not connected, I have been looking a solution for the same but then after reading the above comments I don’t think that there is actually a solution to solve it out. I think that I have made a bad deal.