Thread: Ethernet port of the Thunderbolt Display is losing connection automatically

Ethernet port of the Thunderbolt Display is losing connection automatically

I have recently bought a Thunderbolt Display and I have connected it to the Macbook Air and the problem that I have started facing now is that Thunderbolt Display Ethernet port of the Thunderbolt Display is losing connection automatically, I mean that it works fine for some time but then after sometime it shows no connection. I have also tried to use different cables and connections as well but then I am getting the same response from it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Ethernet port of the Thunderbolt Display is losing connection automatically

I am having the same problem with the below one:
    • Vendor Name: Apple, Inc.
    • Device Name: Thunderbolt Display
    • Vendor ID: 0x1
    • Device ID: 0x8002
    • Device Revision: 0x1
    • UID: 0x0001000100111830
    • Firmware Version: 22.2

I have installed the latest firmware for macbook air and the thunderbolt as well but then they are just not helping me out. The only way of solving it out is rebooting the macbook air. If anyone is aware of any other solution to solve this issue than please share it will be appreciated.

I just wanted to know that have you tried restoring from the time that stores the backup before when you got this problem?? Because I have came across this problem in some displays which were having the system that had been restored in that way. This was the common thing as well so I think that you can try to unplug the hard drive of you are having the same case. Just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.

I just wanted to know that have you tried restoring from the time that stores the backup before when you got this problem?? Because I have came across this problem in some displays which were having the system that had been restored in that way. This was the common thing as well so I think that you can try to unplug the hard drive of you are having the same case. Just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.
    I think that I am having the same case, I mean that I am having the hard drive which is having the time that stores the backup and it is also plugged to the Thunderbolt Display so I will unplug the same and will let you know if it is solving out the problem or not.

I am having the same problem but then I am not having the case that you have specified, the only option that I have found is rebooting the macbook air. Other than this I have also made sure that I am having the latest firmware as well but then it is not making any difference. If anyone finds any update to solve this out then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.