Thread: Thunderbolt display not working properly with MacBook Air

Thunderbolt display not working properly with MacBook Air

I have recently bought Thunderbolt display and I am using it with MacBook Air and I am having a lot of problem with it:
    • When I am connecting the display then I have noticed that the connected USB devices are not working I have also tried to disconnect it and then reconnect it but then it is not making any difference.
    • Other problem that I am having is that the MacBook Air is not able to configure the monitor layout, I have tried out the same disconnecting and reconnecting method but then it is not helping out, here I have also tried out a hard reset as well but then it is not making any difference. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Thunderbolt display not working properly with MacBook Air

Even I have been facing the above problem with the MacBook Air and the Thunderbolt display and other than these I have also found that when I am connecting the Thunderbolt display to the MacBook Air then it is not able to recognize the key up event of usb keyboard that I am using and because of this the key is repeating itself till I press them and I have been facing this simultaneously and this is really irritating me as well and I am not able to type further, Just to share I am also having problem while writing this post. I have also made sure that I have updated the firmware of both MacBook Air and the Thunderbolt as well but then it is not helping.

I was having the same problem before I mean when I was connecting the keyboard to the Thunderbolt monitor then some of the key depressions were not recognized and because if it I was facing the same problem that you are facing. I had tried to solve the issue by updating the firmware but then it really did not helped me out and at last the only solution that I have found is connecting the keyboard directly. If you want then you can try out the same.

I think that this because it is a new brand and might have not been tested out well so I think that you all will have to wait until apple come up with a fix for the same but then till then you can try to contact the customer support and see if they are helping you out or not. Best of luck.

I think that this because it is a new brand and might have not been tested out well so I think that you all will have to wait until apple come up with a fix for the same but then till then you can try to contact the customer support and see if they are helping you out or not. Best of luck.
    I know it is a new brand but then I will like to inform you that I have found a no of people having a no of issues with the Thunderbolt display and other mac pc’s and laptops as well. You can also check out the other problem that has been reported below:
    Thunderbolt display is not waking up from sleep on Mac Mini Server w/Lion 10.7.1

I am having the following one:
    Thunderbolt Display:
    • Vendor Name: Apple, Inc.
    • Device Name: Thunderbolt Display
    • Vendor ID: 0x1
    • Device ID: 0x8002
    • Device Revision: 0x1
    • UID: 0x00010001001E12A0
    • Firmware Version: 22.2

And I am suing it with macbook air and I have not faced the above problem but then I have a problem while plugging in the display, I mean that here the thunderbolt is not allowing me to connect the original mini display port monitor that I am having, I addressed this problem in a forum and I have found people saying that this is because there is some kind of limitation of the macbook air but then I am really not sure about the same, so I just wanted to confirm it out. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you should try out resetting the SMC and resetting the PRAM as well, I am not very sure if they will help but then I think that you can at least give it a try, you can refer to the following link for the same:

Hey I have tried out resetting both SMC and the PRAM but then I don’t think that it is making any difference, is there any other solution that I can try out.