Thread: Thunderbolt Display speakers makes static noise while playing audio or video files

Thunderbolt Display speakers makes static noise while playing audio or video files

I have bought a Thunderbolt Display and it has been just a week and I am having it on the 12 days trial basis as well and I am suing it with the 2011 MacBook Air and the problem that I am having is that when I am playing any audio or video then I have noticed that Static sound is coming from the Thunderbolt Display speakers. Is there anyone who has been facing the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestions regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: Thunderbolt Display speakers makes static noise while playing audio or video files

I have bought a Thunderbolt Display and it has been just a week and I am having it on the 12 days trial basis as well and I am suing it with the 2011 MacBook Air and the problem that I am having is that when I am playing any audio or video then I have noticed that Static sound is coming from the Thunderbolt Display speakers. Is there anyone who has been facing the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestions regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have found some people facing the same but then I just wanted to know the specification of the Thunderbolt Display that you are having so I could have a better idea about the problem that you are facing. Just post it here for further help.

re: Thunderbolt Display speakers makes static noise while playing audio or video files

Thunderbolt Display:
    • Vendor Name: Apple, Inc.
    • Device Name: Thunderbolt Display
    • Vendor ID: 0x1
    • Device ID: 0x8002
    • Device Revision: 0x1
    • UID: 0x00010001001E12A0
    • Firmware Version: 22.2

Even I am the same problem and I am having the below one:
    • Vendor Name: Apple, Inc.
    • Device Name: Thunderbolt Display
    • Vendor ID: 0x1
    • Device ID: 0x8002
    • Device Revision: 0x1
    • UID: 0x0001000100111830
    • Firmware Version: 22.2

I have also contacted the apple support but then they suggested me to do a standard reset of the SMC and PRAM but then I do not think that there is anything wrong with the MBA. They were not able to help me out, they just said me to bring it back to the store for further help. Is there any other solution that I can try out before taking it back to the store??

I don’t think that even the replacement will work because I have just got my Thunderbolt Display as I was facing the same problem with the mac book air but then even after the replacement the problem is still the same, I don’t think that even the new one is making any difference. I have also tried to make a firmware update of both the Thunderbolt Display and the mac book air that I am using but then I don’t think that it is actually making any difference, If any one find a solution for it then please share it with us, it will be highly appreciated.

The other thing that I wanted to share is that I have found that when I am turning the brightness to a lower level then the static noise is also lowering even though it is not a solution for the same but then I think that you all can use it as a temporary solution till we find a fix for it. Best of luck.

Hey thanks for that even I have tried out the same and yes turning the brightness to a lower level is also lowering the static noise as well, I think that everyone can do the same, till we get a solution for it.