Thread: Thunderbolt display is not waking up from sleep on Mac Mini Server w/Lion 10.7.1

Thunderbolt display is not waking up from sleep on Mac Mini Server w/Lion 10.7.1

I am having a Mac Mini and I am having Thunderbolt display as well and the problem that I am facing is that the Thunderbolt display is not waking up from sleep, I have recently updated the firmware as well thinking that it will help me out but then it is not making any difference and the problem is still the same. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Thunderbolt display is not waking up from sleep on Mac Mini Server w/Lion 10.7.1

I am having a Mac Mini and I am having Thunderbolt display as well and the problem that I am facing is that the Thunderbolt display is not waking up from sleep, I have recently updated the firmware as well thinking that it will help me out but then it is not making any difference and the problem is still the same. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have found some people facing problem with Thunderbolt display but then just do understand your problem better can you just provide me the specification of the mac mini and the Thunderbolt Display. Just provide me the same for further help.

Re: Thunderbolt display is not waking up from sleep on Mac Mini Server w/Lion 10.7.1

I am having the following:
    Mac mini:
    Vendor Name: Apple, Inc.
    Device Name: Mac mini
    UID: 0x0001000C1064CB00
    Firmware Version: 22.2

Thunderbolt Display:
    Vendor Name: Apple, Inc.
    Device Name: Thunderbolt Display
    Vendor ID: 0x1
    Device ID: 0x8002
    Device Revision: 0x1
    UID: 0x00010001001E12A0
    Firmware Version: 22.2

I am having the same problem with the Mac Mini server and the Thunderbolt Display, I have tried a no of solution to get it work somehow but then the only solution that appeared to be helping is just unplugging it and then plugging it again but then I do not think that this is a solution to this problem. I have also contacted the apple support for the same and I had addressed them the whole issue, so they said me to send the system log to them and after doing the same they said that they will contact me back with a solution but the I have not yet got a reply from their side and it has been three days by now. I really do not know what to do know. Is there anyone else who has found a workaround of the same???

I am having the same problem with the Mac Mini server and the Thunderbolt Display, I have tried a no of solution to get it work somehow but then the only solution that appeared to be helping is just unplugging it and then plugging it again but then I do not think that this is a solution to this problem. I have also contacted the apple support for the same and I had addressed them the whole issue, so they said me to send the system log to them and after doing the same they said that they will contact me back with a solution but the I have not yet got a reply from their side and it has been three days by now. I really do not know what to do know. Is there anyone else who has found a workaround of the same???
    Hey I am really thankful to you for sharing out the unplugging and plugging method I think that it Is quite help full, I mean I have been doing reboot to solve this issue for that time and I have also changed the energy savings to never sleep display but then it did not helped. Just now I have tried unplugging it and plugging it again and it is working for me as well at least I will not have to reboot the machine every time now.

Hey I just wanted to share that below is my display profile:

I just wanted to know that what are the generic and multiple "Display" there??

i have found solution for the same and i think that it will work for you as well as it has solved the same issue in my case, i am not very sure if the problem is related to it but then i have found that the people who are facing this problem is actually having one thing common and it is that the automatically adjust brightness is “checked” so if you will uncheck it then the problem will be solved. You will find this option in the display setting so just try to change it and then let me know if it is working for you as well or not. I think that it should work as it has solved the same in my case. Best of luck.

i have found solution for the same and i think that it will work for you as well as it has solved the same issue in my case, i am not very sure if the problem is related to it but then i have found that the people who are facing this problem is actually having one thing common and it is that the automatically adjust brightness is “checked” so if you will uncheck it then the problem will be solved. You will find this option in the display setting so just try to change it and then let me know if it is working for you as well or not. I think that it should work as it has solved the same in my case. Best of luck.

I think that your solution really work, I mean that I have changed the above setting and from the last 24 hours I have not faced the same, I think that just un-checking the “automatically adjust brightness” is solving out the issue. I will suggest the same to others who are facing this problem. I really appreciate your help.

Hey I have tried the same but then it is not helping me in my case, I have just now changed the same setting that was turning off the “Auto Adjust Brightness” but then it is really not making any difference. I do not know why it is not working in my case. Is there any other method that I can try out to solve this issue.

Hey I have tried the same but then it is not helping me in my case, I have just now changed the same setting that was turning off the “Auto Adjust Brightness” but then it is really not making any difference. I do not know why it is not working in my case. Is there any other method that I can try out to solve this issue.
    I don’t know how come it is not working for you because even I have turned off the “Auto Adjust Brightness” and after that I have crossed check by forcing it to go in to the sleep mode and then waking it up as well but then I am not facing the same problem again. I think that you might have missed something, just try to change the setting again and see if it is helping you our or not.

In that case I just wanted to share that turning off the “auto brightness option” will work for only for the people who are having a mac with an integrated screen or even if they are having a apple external display but then if one is having a mac mini and some other non apple displays then I don’t think that this will work for them because there might not be an option for doing the same.

I am not having a non apple display and I am also having a Thunderbolt display as well, so if it is working for others having the same then why is it not working for me.