Thread: how to connect Thunderbolt Display to Mini DisplayPort?

how to connect Thunderbolt Display to Mini DisplayPort?

i heard that the Thunderbolt display needs to be plugged into an Actual Thunderbolt port but i have a Thunderbolt Display and wanted to use with previous edition" MacBook Pro which contains a Mini DisplayPort . if you have some suggestions to do so , then you can provide me. please help

Re: how to connect Thunderbolt Display to Mini DisplayPort?

the actual answer to this could be that the thunderbolt ports are divided into 2 pipelines, one for data and the remaining for video. there can be no issues and it should work with the video pipeline , but for any of the external inputs there are is no extra support.

i can say that in this case, that on the computer/device the Thunderbolt display needs to be plugged into an Actual Thunderbolt port . by plugging it into a mDP , there will be no facility available for you and also on the non-TB computer.

i will provide some information which will prove to be essential part in your problem. the work of the thunderbolt controllers is to fold data from existing DisplayPort systems with data from the PCI Express port and wind them in an single cable. there is a bi-directional process involved in Thunderbolt is bi-directional, which frequently requires sophisticated reflection in addition with cross-talk suppression techniques, which are commonly used in 10 Gigabit Ethernet. to have an effective communication , the technology stands completely incompatible for the Thunderbolt display by means of older mDP port .

in addition to this, stating further, there is only compatible possible with Macs that have the Mini Display Port connector or can say that the Thunderbolt connector. to make use of this display with older Macs, there should be a third-party converter . the market is short of this to do as there is no availability of 3rd party device .

i was connecting the new Mac Mini and was of the similar problems. it appeared in out case that there was a black flickering on your screen , the problem occurs at every span of time and there i s a total mess of the screen,.. i made an attempt for Lion re-install, PRAM reset but nothing worked in our case. i think there are issues regarding the configuration. but unable to find at last. but i came across that the flickering on the screen appears to be on new Mac Mini's and not on other devices.

after concerning different sites i was unable to find it. however i am making use of Mac Mini Thunderbolt by means of Display Port cable and a DisplayPort Monitor. according to me i should try with it as Thunderbolt is back compatible .

i think you should just plug one of the old MBP into the new TB display and check whether it works in this case. to ensure it i proceeded to the mac store with my Old MBP .