Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

is it ok to update the generic driver of intel HD graphics card from intel website

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 18-12-2011

is it ok to update the generic driver of intel HD graphics card from intel website

As Iím using the sony laptop and using the intel HD graphics card. But the thing is that I want to update the intel HD graphics card driver so should I go updating from the intel website or should update drivers from the sony support website. Suggest me from which one should I go for.

Old 18-12-2011

Re: is it ok to update the generic driver of intel HD graphics card from intel website

If you want to update the drivers for the intel HD graphics card then it is better you should try from the sony website as you can get it easily.
Old 18-12-2011

Re: is it ok to update the generic driver of intel HD graphics card from intel website

Even I would like to know about the update of the intel HD graphics drivers, as one of my friend suggested to me it is better you try updating from the intel website as sometimes the manufacturer do not have the latest update. So he suggested me that instead of doing from the sony one should try updating from the intel website.
Old 18-12-2011

I donít think so intel would be having the latest updates as what I have read in one of the article is that intel do not provide the drivers for the any laptop drivers. So if you are looking for the intel HD graphic card drivers then you should try updating from the sony. As intel do not provide for the updates for the sony drivers.
Old 18-12-2011

Yeh.. you are right intel do not provide the update for the drivers. As I had mailed for this to the intel and in reply I got that if you want to get the latest update of the drivers. Then you should try from your own manufacturer or from your brand. So I donít think so you will able to get the updates for the drivers.

And so I tried from the company website of my particular laptop and I was able to get the latest drivers for the intel HD graphic card.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,