Thread: What is your Favorite AGP Graphics card from old days

What is your Favorite AGP Graphics card from old days

I would like to know and start thread about exposing user’s favorite cards were from back then. I want all of you to post you best card that killed all excitement. I am talking about the AGP cards. I had one old x1950 Pro. I know that it wasn’t the best but it ran most of the games. It was my last AGP. After that there were few cards came into my hand but none of them made as a killer one.

Re: What is your Favorite AGP Graphics card from old days

The Sapphire HD 3850 graphics card is either a thick or exorbitantly expensive. If one I care for a game like ET Quake Wars is missing only a few FPS in which the system costs more than an utter purchase. A racing machine is obtained from an AGP system is no longer out, that's for sure.

I played with the ATI HD3800 512MB GDDR3 SDRAM on an Intel Pentium 4 3.2 ghz with 2 gb ram or else my games at 1920x1200 with ease. Maybe not the highest mode that is possible but not save much. You also once satisfied with what you have. If you do not have money for a new computer, there is an AGP card from ATI HD38xx series worth it. Then you can then start saving for a new PC as you can now enjoy through gaming. Obviously you have to have a good stable power supply for such a card but do you have for your other hardware is also needed.

Note well what you buy. I HD38xx series are an awful lot in terms of memory cards with different specs. You have them with GDDR2, GDDR3 and GDDR4 SDRAM even.

The HD4670 to HD3850 is both the most powerful AGP card, but the latter consumes much power and also very hot.

If you still have a computer with AGP motherboard, and want to make the jump to DirectX 10 (with the consequent improvement of your entire system performance for those games that we resist), it’s HIS HD 2600XT 512MB AGP GDDR3 memory, which ranks as probably the best AGP card on the market. This model also includes a sink HIS than the reference, offering lower temperatures.

The ATI X1950PRO or the Nvidia GeForce 7950GT is one of the better cards in AGP area. I know the system requirements for the game that you do not want to play in my head, but if it is a fairly new game I must say something about. Look, with a X1950PRO or a 7950GT which can run the game probably fine, but I do not know what quality. I mean, if a game needs pretty high system requirements, I am afraid that a X1950PRO or a 7950GT not have enough.

For me for all time the best AGP video card is the ATI HD 3850 512MB AGP! AGP video cards really are still in production, it has to ATI 3xxx and 4xxx series models list that Support also DirectX10. If you have a 450watt power supply good for at least a 3850 AGP 512MB I recommend.

Well the best AGP card is the HIS Radeon HD 4670 , but among us, I would not pay more Invest in your system. I once had a 3200 + and Anno and Railroad, the system at the end when everything is set up pretty much in the knee, because it uses a better graphics card any more, especially since Anno is CPU-heavy.

If you like the games, I would opt for a HD 3650 (the Club 3D is going to be as recommended), because it offers more power. If you flash acceleration is more important, the weaker HD 4350 would probably be a better choice. More money I would not spend more, but prefer to save for a new system. Ultimately, your CPU is already often slow down the HD 3650, so that an HD 4650/70 or 3850 did not pay and would be a waste of money.

Anyone upgrading from an onboard chip to discrete graphics no need to invest much. Nevertheless, the advantages are obvious: on-board chip to operate normally in memory when it comes to storing data. The BIOS defines the amount of RAM that is used for the graphics chip. In general, these are for AGP systems 64-256 MB. Back then, 512-1024 MB DDR memory normal for a good PC system. The bill is so easy: with a discrete graphics card like the PNY Verto GF 6200 (256 MB VRAM own) you may expect but no judder games, but a clear relief of memory. As a bonus, there's at least a small increase in graphics performance, for example, allows the benefits of the Aero interface of Windows Vista and Windows 7. The NV43 GPU built to support the instruction of DirectX 9