Thread: Unable to get 5.1 audio on GeForce GT 220 using HDMI

Unable to get 5.1 audio on GeForce GT 220 using HDMI

I Used GeForce GT 220 GPU on my Toshiba laptop and now i am trying to get the 5.1 audio output with the help of HDMI display connector of the GPU. This GPU presents on my laptop and i make connection with the Toshiba HDTV with using this HDMI port. NOW when i try to play any files on it and check the audio signal. It only gives 2.0 and not more than that. I try a lot but couldn't find any way that works to fix this complex issue. Thanks for any help to fix this sound problem.

Re: Unable to get 5.1 audio on GeForce GT 220 using HDMI

Same kind of problem with my system. I try to do the connection between this GPU and the HDTV with using same HDMI connector of the GPU. It shows graphics with just stereo sound. I'm expecting to get the best 5.1 sound quality of this connection. Then i simply try graphics driver upgrade process on GPU. it works and response i got my result.

Yes, this type of graphics driver upgrade process works to fix the sound problem. By default the card has been compatible with the stereo type of sound technology. Hence such sound comes from the connected HDTV. After updating the GPU driver, works to enhance the sound quality improvement over this connections. It works most of the time. Hence try this and check result.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvert View Post
    Yes, this type of graphics driver upgrade process works to fix the sound problem. By default the card has been compatible with the stereo type of sound technology. Hence such sound comes from the connected HDTV. After updating the GPU driver, works to enhance the sound quality improvement over this connections. It works most of the time. Hence try this and check result.
    OK, that will be helpful to improve the sound quality of the connection. ALso the sound settings on the GPU makes an positive effect. In that case, access the sound setting of the GPU. DO this task on laptop. Then set the output speaker sound to the 5.1. It works and then you can catch the best sound quality on this connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvita View Post
    OK, that will be helpful to improve the sound quality of the connection. ALso the sound settings on the GPU makes an positive effect. In that case, access the sound setting of the GPU. DO this task on laptop. Then set the output speaker sound to the 5.1. It works and then you can catch the best sound quality on this connections.
    It may be also possible that the setting of the GPU is being not compatible with the card. Hence i would be say that to try discovering 'HDMI Audio' options. after getting it, try to set it to the 'TV+AMP'. This will be definately works to fix your audio problem. I used it and get best 7.1 sound output on similar connection. You can also try this and check its result.

Normally such connections with the inbuilt sound technology of the motherboard, but for improvement purpose, you can simply try to insert sound card on it. This is well for getting best sound result by connecting sound card on expansion slot of the laptop board. This is well for you to get 5.1 sound via HDMI connections.

I connect same card to my to my Samsung DLP HDTV. Nothing wrong happen on this HDMI connection. I Used latest driver that i found on the GPU official site. YOu can even try this and check its result. This is well for you to fix the complicated sound quality problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy_i3 View Post
    I connect same card to my to my Samsung DLP HDTV. Nothing wrong happen on this HDMI connection. I Used latest driver that i found on the GPU official site. YOu can even try this and check its result. This is well for you to fix the complicated sound quality problem.
    If possible, then try the same connections with the DVI port of GPU. it might be works to get better result compared with the HDMI. I used PNY 9600GSO card with my toshiba TV and DVI port use for this connections. Nothing wrong with great 7.1 sound technology presents on it. Its really wonderful to get 7.1 audio sound with such connections and result is being brilliant.

YOu can also use the EDID settings for checking the sound connectivity result. This is well for you to fix such complex issue. Try this with the help of Extended display identification data setting. I hope it extend your sound quality upto desired 5.1 technology.

If the HDTV port you used in this HDMI connection have stereo built in speakers, then definately it gives such stereo sound. Hence i would be say that just simply try to perform the reconnection on your system. This is well for you. This time use 5.1 sound capable speaker for better output. I hope this time you receive improved output.