Thread: No image on Dual montior on Ati Crossfire

No image on Dual montior on Ati Crossfire

I want some help here to properly configure ATi Crossfire. I bought a new system which has all the hardware and software support needed to configure ATi crossfire. In the Control Center I had set the Crossfire settings enabled. But still there is no image on the second screen. I have two compatible gpus. Currently I am not able to figure that the issue is related to either software or hardware. What more settings are needed to be done here. I cannot make any changes right now due to improper information on the same. I tried to see some videos on the same. They had showed to setup two gpus but lacks settings information. I had updated all drivers and using Windows Vista. I have two monitor. Once is 21" LED to my system and another is of LG. My gpus are Radeon 6950.

Re: No image on Dual montior on Ati Crossfire

To get a easy fix just update your gpu drivers. Download the most latest driver and overwrite the installation. Second thing go in your bios and check you can see Crossfire settings enabled or not.

This does not looks a issue of monitor. It think either the gpus are not properly configured or the dual monitor settings are something which actually lags. Go in your bios or run tool like CPUz and check that you can see both the graphic cards or not. They be shown in the system config. Second one by one check the gpus by connecting in individually. If that is fine then you must check that the from bios Crossfire is properly enabled. One of the gpu looks is not recognized by the system properly. Try to re-add the bridges properly and if possible change the same and check back. For better performance on ATi Crossfire setup you will need a good power supply also. Or else the output will be degraded.

There is one more tool called GPUz. This tool can tell you whether crossfire is working or not. Download and run this tool and then check back. If not then crossfire is not properly configured.

To use CrossFire technology you must have a motherboard which is compatible to the same. The power supply is another very important factor here. There are certain specialized power supply model which are made to deal with the crossfire setup. In my view have a look on the same first. You can test each card individually and see whether both are currently working. Configuring Crossfire is not a big job here. All you need is to install the latest drivers. That is only thing which work. There are no additional modification which are needed to be done here. ATi released it set of gpus which comes in the form of ATi Control Center. I think you are not having the proper drivers. You being with uninstalling the gpu first and the re-installing the same back again. This might do the job.

Yes it depends on the drivers and the bios settings, that's all. There is nothing more needed to do here. I am sure you have two similar model crossfire ready gpus.

Here are some options that might help you out. I will provide the step by which you can reconfigure the gpus. This might help you to find out also which one is missing. First you must connect the gpus properly on pcie slot. They must be properly installed and get locked. Second screw then tightly with the cabinet. Once you are done with connect the power and Ati CrossFire Bride. This bridge is very important as allows to behave two GPU's a single one. This bridge must not be faulty. It should be properly connected. Once you are done with the same you have to install the most recent drivers. Check your cable also. Install the drivers an then run control center to enable dual monitor screen.

Check Catalyst Control Center. When you enable that it gives a message that it is started which shows that it is working and then try to modify the screen resolution to get display on the other screen.