Thread: Getting SystemError: installArchives() failed while activating NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 195)

Getting SystemError: installArchives() failed while activating NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 195)

I have recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my machine and the problem that I am facing now is that when I am trying to activate "NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 195)" then I am getting a message saying that "SystemError: installArchives() failed". I don’t have much idea about the same so is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting SystemError: installArchives() failed while activating NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 195)

I have recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my machine and the problem that I am facing now is that when I am trying to activate "NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 195)" then I am getting a message saying that "SystemError: installArchives() failed". I don’t have much idea about the same so is there anyone who has an idea about it and can help me out as well. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I had faced the same problem before but then I have solved the same now and I have solved it out by using the the jockey-text command, so just go in to the terminal and then enter the below command without the quotes:
    “jockey-text –l”
    After that you will get a list of all the drivers that are installed and you will also come to know whether they are enabled or not.
    After that run the below command to refresh the jockey database:
    “jockey-text -u –c”
    After that enter the below command but then replace the “xorg:nvidia-195” with the starting name of the driver that you have:
    jockey-text -e xorg:nvidia-195
    Just try it out and then let me know if it is solving the issue or not.

Re: Getting SystemError: installArchives() failed while activating NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver (version 195)

I don’t know about the above solution but then you can definitely check it out but then I just wanted to share that I was facing the same problem before and I had found that the cause for it was because of the Synaptic. I was getting the exact message but then when I stopped the Synaptic then the problem was solved and I was not getting any such message further. So of you want then you can surely try the same and let me know of you had the same case or not. Best of luck.

Even I think that it is related to the Synaptic because I was getting the same error message "SystemError: installArchives() failed" and later I had found that I was getting it when the Synaptic package manager was opened in the back ground but then when I closed it then I was not getting the same error. I have found a no of people having the same problem and the cause of it was also the same. I think that you are having the same case, so I will suggest you to try out this first.

Hey guys thanks for sharing this with me actually I was having the same case that has been mentioned here, I mean Synaptic package manager was opened and that is why I was getting that error but then I am not getting the same anymore, Anyways Thanks to you all again, I really appreciate your help.