Thread: Nvidia installer failed to update driver

Nvidia installer failed to update driver

My system uses the Nvidia GeForce GT 220. Yesterday I tried to update the driver but the Nvidia installer failed to update the drivers to 285.62. no matter how I go it always the same. Not a single driver installed from the package. How could be this possible?

Re: Nvidia installer failed to update driver

Uninstall the previous drivers or those who have given you the error message, also the PhysX drivers. IF you have installed "NVIDIA ESA SYSTEM TOOLS WITH SUPPORT" control tools and voltage values of the card, "nTune" also have to uninstall it and install it after you have the drivers and PhysX, but do not appear in the Control Panel Nvidia Control functions "overclocking"

Go to the folder where you saved the installation of the drivers, usually C: \ NVIDIA folder and save the latest drivers (285.58 or later) that is the latest in another location, for later use. Before begin the installation make sure that you have uninstalled and cleaned registry using the Driver sweeper. Sometimes you also need to restart the system.

What operating system do you have?
    Does it support your video card with the OS?
    Go to device manager, just start looking in Device Manager and go to where it says "Display Adapters" and give right click on the video card you have and provide where it says "Update driver software" and you will make out two options and das where it says "" Search automatically for updated driver software ".

I deleted all files after uninstalling NV4 driver, Delete the registry with ccleaner and tune up and I still appeared the same nVidia installer bug: S all try several times and in Safe Mode.

The latest nVidia drivers do not therefore support your GPU it because nVidia provides drivers only for desktop graphics cards. Have the appropriate driver for your notebook graphics chip you so directly from the home page of the notebook manufacturer and install it. Before the installation, you should uninstall the old drivers but.

I do not remember if there are compatibility problems with, I read on another site, you've done some testing, correct drivers, etc., So it could be a problem in Windows, or you an antivirus / firewall that blocks changes to the registry. Check also that windows "installer" is active. Alternatively, but consider that if you cannot restore in, you may not be able to use video, try uninstalling the device in addition to the driver, restart and repeat the installation procedure with the updated drivers.

First try to download new drivers from nvidia site. Try to unplug all pci cards you have on the mobo, leaving only the video card. Now install and see.