Thread: Cannot update firmware of Sharp LC-32SB23U LCD TV

Cannot update firmware of Sharp LC-32SB23U LCD TV

Few weeks ago I have bought a Sharp LC-32SB23U 32inch LCD TV. I have noticed slight issues in that. For that reason I have called the sharp customer service. They told me to update the firmware. So downloaded and tried to update the firmware as informed in the manual. The update wasn’t successful. After that there was no pic and sound. It leads me to nowhere. How can i fix this?

Re: Cannot update firmware of Sharp LC-32SB23U LCD TV

I also had the same problem. However the Sharp site does not have a proper info about that. What you need to do is Google the model number and find the solution for the other sources. If you can’t then you can send it back to the service center. If you have bought the TV recently then I assumes that it might be under the warranty. You can send the unit back for replacement or RMA.

I hope that you know how to operate the In Menu of the TV. There is proper option for your firmware update. You might have gone through the wrong instruction page and due to this it failed. Check the model number and find the proper instruction page. Furthermore apart from using the drop-down menu on the right side screen, you need to choose LCD TVs in the top menu and then firmware. You will find the update on the next page of results.

The thing is that no one goes for the firmware on the Sharp and no one even going to check it. I have tested the same firmware but I bricked all. There were colored likes in the screen and TV doesn’t turn on at all.

When I have found that firmware file consists of two files. Each one of them for TV’s different subsystem. You need to get to know about those files. You have to apply only needed file while doing the update. For some models there is no necessary of 2 files either. Anyway, how did you flash the firmware? From the USB or memory stick? Make sure that you have formatted using FAT format.
    Sometimes the update takes much time to complete if there are any errors in storage source. If so, do not terminate the update process. Wait patiently and see. For best result wipe out all data from the USB or memory stick and insert only update files.

Here is the solution for those who have bricked their Sharp TV’s. For that you need a flash drive. Just put it in USB port. I have already partitioned the 4GB flash drive to 32MB (FAT). Now it updated without any problem. The actual thing is the TV's updating software uses 'fat' as well as 32MB flash drive's file system. You have to know that if the partition is above 100MB then it is fat32 for most of the updater. I hope that you know how to partition and format the flash drive into different format. Do it and check the result by yourself.

I had also gone through the same problem before and after several hours of search for solution on Google I have finally found a good solution on different site and it worked. The solution I have found is a factory default reset” method. I tried it. Here is the procedure:
    • Disconnect your TV and wait for few seconds.
    • You keep Hold down the TV ‘s power button (without plugging back in)
    • As holding the power button without leaving, plug it back in
    • After 10 to 15 seconds let go of the power button

It seems to me that current firmware which you have seen in Sharp site is not the compatible firmware otherwise may include few bugs. I have seen many posts about this issue. You need to tell sharp support team about the issue. They may release or update to new version of firmware.