Thread: BIOS wont detect BFG GeForce GTS 250 GPU

BIOS wont detect BFG GeForce GTS 250 GPU

Hi, i have recently added two BFG GeForce GTS 250 GPU in my machine and because of that can't boot the PC with one of them and the ASUS LCD placard confer me a message of "VGA BIOS".

I am not getting what could be the problem over here, is it because the of the graphic card that i have installed in the machine or with the BIOS or there is some another issue? I am presumptioning that there could be a difficulty with the bad card's BIOS. Therefore, I would like to do a backup of the good card's BIOS, and upload it to the bad one's. Is this possible? If so, how could it be complete? Any other recommendation will also be esteemed.

Re: BIOS wont detect BFG GeForce GTS 250 GPU

Are you sure like you are having the similar card installed in your machine? Because see if you are making use of different GPU’s then obviously you cannot use them for sure. Thus i would like to recommend you that you should try to make use any one of them only.

You should try to reinstall the BIOS in the machine and see whether you are getting the same problem or not. Because it might be possible as the BIOS that you are using must be working fine but still it won’t be compatible with the hardware you are trying to install in the machine.

While installing that as well you should make sure whether you are installing the most recent one or not, because if you are continue with the same BIOS then you’ll get the same problem with the hardware detection.

have you ever tried disabling the SLI from the NVIDIA control panel? Because see if you are making use of different cards then obviously you’ll not be able to boot the machine for sure. But if suppose you are having the similar GPU’s then you should try to do the thing I have mentioned.

The thing that you wanted to do with the BIOS editor then you should try this NVIDIA BIOS Editor (NiBiTor) 6.0.3 software for changing the hidden features of the BIOS.

I have tried almost everything that you have mentioned guys but still another fact is like, while running with the onboard, with hybrid option in the BIOS to utilize another PCI-E card, while I connect an additional monitor to the GTS250, I used to obtain a blue screen regarding an error with ‘nvlddmkm.sys’ file. And if i am not wrong this is consider to be the bad card i think. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

I have tried almost everything that you have mentioned guys but still another fact is like, while running with the onboard, with hybrid option in the BIOS to utilize another PCI-E card, while I connect an additional monitor to the GTS250, I used to obtain a blue screen regarding an error with ‘nvlddmkm.sys’ file. And if i am not wrong this is consider to be the bad card i think. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.
    Yeah the thing that you have mentioned is perfectly ok, as in that case there could be some problem with the graphics card that you have installed, thus i would like to recommend you that you should once test the GPU once and see what they are saying about the same. because it might be possible as there could be some real problem with the card itself, and it might require to change