Thread: Unable to install beta driver 290.36 of Nvidia GTX 280m

Unable to install beta driver 290.36 of Nvidia GTX 280m

Hello friends, i am having the problem to install the driver of the dual GTX 280m on the Alienware M17x notebook. I was installing the beta driver 290.36 on the system and i was not able to install it on the system. When i am installing it on the system then it is giving me "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." error. So does anyone has the idea what is the problem and also what should i do to solve it. So please tell me, as i wanted to have the SLI for the playing the Skyrim game. So please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Unable to install beta driver 290.36 of Nvidia GTX 280m

I think that the hardware which is there in the Alienware M17x notebook, is not compatible with the drivers of the graphics card which you are trying to install it. So the drivers which you are trying to install it will not run until and unless the driver of the card is been compatible with the hardware of the system.

I think operating system which you are using on the notebook might be older and also you have to update the operating system which you are using it. So you better update the operating system of notebook then you try to install the driver and you might be able to play the game on the notebook. So it might worked and also you will be able to sort the problem of yours.

I think that the notebook which you are using it is not supporting the hybrid SLI technology or HybridPower, which the drivers is having in it. So you better check it and get it for you. If you wanted to have the SLI on the notebook then you specified graphics card which is been compatible with the notebook hardware and also with SLI, so that you will be able to play the game on the notebook. So you better check it and get it for you.

The graphics card which you are using is been supported for the game and also you need the SLI for the game. So you can play the game and also you will play the game on the notebook.

I think that the motherboard is there in the notebook, is not compatible with the the drivers which you are trying to install it. So you check the specification of the card and see which are the drivers compatible with the notebook.

Thank you for the suggestion and the information you people have given to me and also i will try to solve the problem which i am getting it and try to get a new one for me.