Thread: Why GPU usage is 0% while hardware decoding of h264 video?

Why GPU usage is 0% while hardware decoding of h264 video?

Recently I have started to do hardware accelerated video decoding and there was no error while doing the same. I have tried with h264 video by making use of the mov container. It is working fine but the issue is that hardware acceleration is not working at all. However there is call made to DXVA API which can be seen into the DXVA checker. Let me know why the above mentioned issue is persisting in the situation of mine. any help on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Why GPU usage is 0% while hardware decoding of h264 video?

Looking at the situation I wanted to know which operating system do you running? What is the hardware configuration of the computer? which version of the graphic card driver do you have installed? Let me know if you are having any other information which will let me know how the above mentioned issue is happening.

The entire thing is associated with the graphic card which you are having on the computer? Personally I am wondering that the graphic card might be old and that could be the root cause of the issue.

In this particular issue I would like to share something which will be helpful to get the requirement of yours. the H.264 needs excellent video quality but there should be great processing power so that it can decode. This particular video is supposed to decoded into the Flash Player 10.1 by the GPU or media accelerator with the hardware which is capable. I wanted to tell you that you should go for Flash Player 10.1. it is having support for the H.264 decoding to get the great experience of viewing video online. It will give you great playback performance and battery life for the devices like mobiles and netbooks.

I think there is need of Turn on the hardware acceleration.
    • You have to click on the Start and go for Control Panel and go for Appearance and Personalization.
    • Now you have to click on Adjust Screen resolution.
    • After that you have to click on the Display settings and go for Advanced Settings.
    • Now click on the Troubleshoot and click on the Change Settings and click on the Continue.
    • Once you have done the same you have to move the Hardware Acceleration according to requirement.

Now see that the issue is resolved or not.

Make sure that you have installed the latest version of drivers on the computer. you can get the same from the official website of the graphic card manufacturer.

After going through the issue of yours I think you will need to contact the technical support team for further assistance on this particular matter.