Thread: Dell XPS17 L702x mini displayport not working with DVI/VGA

Dell XPS17 L702x mini displayport not working with DVI/VGA

Hi, I purchase Dell XPS 17 (L702X) laptop last week. I also buy new mini display port adapter for viewing laptop videos on external monitor. I try it a lot but it makes problem during connectivity. i never seen anything on external monitor after making its connections with the external monitor. I tried to use DVI or VGA port for this connectivity but it makes problem for connectivity. the monitor goes to sleep for lack of a signal. Sometimes it also connect properly but when i try to set the external monitor resolutions to 1920*1080p, it makes problem. It works well with the 1280*1024 pixel. Please help me to fix this complex issue. Thanks for any help to fix this issue.

re: Dell XPS17 L702x mini displayport not working with DVI/VGA

DP to VGA on the other hand, requires signal conversion. this conversion must be need to convert from the digital DP to analog VGA. Hence if you didn't do this task, i will be recommend to you for do this task and check its details. DisplayPort to VGA adapter lets you connect a VGA computer monitor to a DisplayPort video card. Try to use this on your system and check its result. this DP TO VGA connector is helpful for you to fix your resolution type of problem.

I used mini display to HDMI adaptor to make this connections and it will be work well on it. with the help of this connector i was able to do this task external monitor connecting and controlling task on it. This Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter port enables audio and video output for DisplayPort and HDMI. This is work well for adapting your new Mini-DisplayPort to current display with HDMI input. Hence i would be say that this port is being really helpful for you. Try this and check its details on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvita View Post
    I used mini display to HDMI adaptor to make this connections and it will be work well on it. with the help of this connector i was able to do this task external monitor connecting and controlling task on it. This Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter port enables audio and video output for DisplayPort and HDMI. This is work well for adapting your new Mini-DisplayPort to current display with HDMI input. Hence i would be say that this port is being really helpful for you. Try this and check its details on it.
    I ran into huge issues playing Blu Ray disks on my Dell 24" LCD due to HDCP issues. Then i do the reconnection with this system. after that i performed graphics driver upgrade task on this dell xps system. This is well and it will be work to make the proper connection with the external monitor. I performed VGA and HDMI driver upgrade task on it. You can also try to upgrade connectiivity driver. It definately helps to you.

DVI-D means dual-link, which allows for higher resolutions than plain DVI. You can use such DVI-D for this connectivity. It helps to make well connection and also you can rich higher resolution on your external monitor. DVI-D cables are used for direct digital connections between source video and LCD monitors. Also its connector really supports for digital connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bageshri27 View Post
    DVI-D means dual-link, which allows for higher resolutions than plain DVI. You can use such DVI-D for this connectivity. It helps to make well connection and also you can rich higher resolution on your external monitor. DVI-D cables are used for direct digital connections between source video and LCD monitors. Also its connector really supports for digital connectivity.
    The DVI-D connector usually contains pins to pass the DVI-native digital video signals. i use this coonnector and now all the connections works well. I hope that this connector also works to fix your connectivity problem. You can also use such connector for your system.