Thread: How to Overclock NVidia GeForce GT 555M in Dell XPS 17

How to Overclock NVidia GeForce GT 555M in Dell XPS 17

I buy this Dell XPS 17 laptop and NVidia Forceful GT 555M card use on it. i want to overclock this card for improving the performance of this graphics card. I would like to use this card for playing Crysis and Crysis 2 type of games on my laptop. Hence i think after finishing this overclocking process, such games run well on this card. Intel i7 2630QM with 4GB RAM runs on my system. Can anyone already do this overclocking task on GPU? If yes, please share your experience. Thanks.

re: How to Overclock NVidia GeForce GT 555M in Dell XPS 17

I also found some information that after doing this oevrclocking task, gt555 runs quite cool. For doing this task, i would be say that to use the "MSI Afterburner" for overclocking. Overclocking out of thebox becomes an easy job with MSI afterburner. It can be downloaded here at third party site and for finding such sites, use search engine like Google. Then download and install this software on your system. run this software nd perform Overclock task on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerius View Post
    I also found some information that after doing this oevrclocking task, gt555 runs quite cool. For doing this task, i would be say that to use the "MSI Afterburner" for overclocking. Overclocking out of thebox becomes an easy job with MSI afterburner. It can be downloaded here at third party site and for finding such sites, use search engine like Google. Then download and install this software on your system. run this software nd perform Overclock task on it.
    MSI has brought us a program that utilizes RivaTuners abiltiy to overclock our video cards. MSI afterburner is one of that program helps to improve the performance of temps,fps,clockpower..etc. there is some confusion about whether or not the "ultra" graphics settings actually work at the moment but such programs can be easily do this task.

As per my own information this software specially build for the MSI graphics card and you use NVidia GeForce GT 555M on your laptop. Hence i would be think that it makes problem on your system. you need to check the compatibility with the video card before doing any such kind of task on your system. This is well for avoiding any compatibility problem.

I used this program on my system and it works brilliant to overclock nvidia video card. i permanently set overclocked settings using afterburner. during running this app, i use "Apply overclocking at system startup" option. It works to perform this overclocking task and all this settings must be applied at the system startup event. Hence i don't think that there is any compatibility issue with this MSI afterburner program. I use official site for this downloading task and get the best result for this card. You can also try this task with using such valuable software.

AfterBurner will support both ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards and hence i don't htink that there is any kind of compatibility problem arrives on your system. You can here use the Afterburner 1.6.1 software for doing this overclocking task. This is also helpful for you. i read such information on few articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bageshri27 View Post
    AfterBurner will support both ATI and NVIDIA graphics cards and hence i don't htink that there is any kind of compatibility problem arrives on your system. You can here use the Afterburner 1.6.1 software for doing this overclocking task. This is also helpful for you. i read such information on few articles.
    If you talking about something hard flash into card, i would be suggest you to modified bios on it. This is useful and it will be work to fix your comeplx issue. AFter finishing this process, just reboot your system and check its result. I'm sure that it helps to you for play crysis games on this dell xps 17 lapotp.

The updating of the video card BIOS is not that mysterious, all you have to do is download software for doing this modifying BIOS. Yes, this is possible and with the help of this facility you can simply do the improvement on your system. Try this and check its result. I hope that this simple way you can be apply on your video card. take help of the nvidia official site for getting this type of software. This is well for you.

The video card BIOS is contains card graphic chip, the graphic chip clock, and video memory clock. With the help of this modifying bios on video card works to do this improvement on its related sections. Which is gives result that the graphics performance of the system definitely improved a lot. This will be impact on the games installed on this system. It then runs with the greater performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanand View Post
    The video card BIOS is contains card graphic chip, the graphic chip clock, and video memory clock. With the help of this modifying bios on video card works to do this improvement on its related sections. Which is gives result that the graphics performance of the system definitely improved a lot. This will be impact on the games installed on this system. It then runs with the greater performance.
    In the Nvidia control panel make sure that GTA is set to use the 555M. You can use this Nvidia control panel for doing your overclocking task with this video card. This is also helpful to you for improving graphics performance of your nvidia vidoe card. Make sure that global preference not set on this system. USe this thing and check its details information about this task. this is well for you.

Re: How to Overclock NVidia GeForce GT 555M in Dell XPS 17

Thank you for trying to help me but i use modifying the bios process on this video card. This is really helpful for me. After finishing this process, i also try to update graphics driver on it. It works well and helps to improve graphics performance of crysis video game.