Thread: How does WD TV Live hub recognizes TV Show?

How does WD TV Live hub recognizes TV Show?

I am using WD TV Live hub and I just wanted to know that How does WD TV Live hub recognizes TV Show? I am having the firmware version 3.00.28 and l also want to know that how does it switches to TVDB? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How does WD TV Live hub recognizes TV Show?

I am using WD TV Live hub and I just wanted to know that How does WD TV Live hub recognizes TV Show? I am having the firmware version 3.00.28 and l also want to know that how does it switches to TVDB? Is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I have started using the WD TV Live recently and I will like to share that the WD TV Live hub recognizes the tv shows as per their file name, it has the filenames as below but then I am not that sure about the same:
    • S01E01.ext
    • 01x01.ext.

I don’t think that it works in that manner because I have tried the same and it is not working for me.

I don’t know how come it is not working for you I mean that it works almost for all the tv shows that I have seen but then if you are saying that it is not working in the same manner for you then I want you to be specific, I mean can you just post the ones that has not worked for you. If you want then you can check them out and take your time to post them as well but then do test it out before posting it here.

I have tested the below ones and they are not working for me and I am very sure about the same, if you want then you can check them out and let me know what response you are getting:
    • Black 1x1.mkv
    • Black Lagoon S01E01.mkv
    • Black S1E1.mkv
    • Black S01E01.mkv

I think that you were doing it wrong i.e. “Black Lagoon S01E01.mkv” and now I have just changed it a bit and now it is working out for me, so you can just do the same then and see what you are getting. If you still have a doubt then just go through my screen shots:
    Step 1

Step 2

I don’t know how come it is working for you, I am trying the same and with the changes as well that you had suggested but then it is not making any difference to me. I have tried the same for the below shows as well and I am still not able to get it work:
    • The Borgias
    • Boardwalk Empire
    • The Tudors
    • The Walking Dead
    • Game of thrones
    • Rome
    • The Sopranos

Just for eg I have tried to use Boardwalk Empire. S01E01.ext
    The information that I am getting is having themoviedb.org, I have also checked the setup in Meta source manager for Tv Show but then the only choice that I am having is TVDB META-Source. I don’t know why I am getting this, as far as I know I have not change any kind of setting that it related to the metadata. Any further help will be appreciated.

I am having similar problem but not exactly the same, I mean that it was able to get information for Season 5 of Dexter but then it failed to get information for My Dexter season 1, I have name the files in the following manner:
    • Season 1: Dexter - 103 - Popping Cherry.avi
    • Season 5: dexter.s05e01.mkv

I don’t think that I am doing it in the wrong way?
    I have also found that when it scans for the content then I only has is Database option, so here I wanted to know that is there a way where I can scan TV show & Movies. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I am having similar problem but not exactly the same, I mean that it was able to get information for Season 5 of Dexter but then it failed to get information for My Dexter season 1, I have name the files in the following manner:

* Season 1: Dexter - 103 - Popping Cherry.avi
    * Season 5: dexter.s05e01.mkv

I don’t think that I am doing it in the wrong way?
    I have also found that when it scans for the content then I only has is Database option, so here I wanted to know that is there a way where I can scan TV show & Movies. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.
    As far as the rescan is concerned just go in to the folder where you have saved the files and then go to the options and then select rescan and after the end of the process you will get the new metadata information back. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not. I think that it will definitely solve the issue because I had faced the same previously and the problem was solved without any further issue. Just check it out and then let me know. Best of luck.

As far as the rescan is concerned just go in to the folder where you have saved the files and then go to the options and then select rescan and after the end of the process you will get the new metadata information back. Just try it out and then let me know if it is helping you out or not. I think that it will definitely solve the issue because I had faced the same previously and the problem was solved without any further issue. Just check it out and then let me know. Best of luck.
    Hey I am really thankful to you for sharing this solution with me, it has just soled the issue, I was really getting mad about the same and trying a no of solution for it as well but then I am happy that I have finally solved it out with your help, I really appreciate your solution, thanks once again.