Thread: How is your experience in swapping the Dell XPS 14 L401x Screen?

How is your experience in swapping the Dell XPS 14 L401x Screen?

hi guys

I was just wondering if any one here did already have done this as I am little scared and have few question regarding this will you guys can help me on this . no everyone who is having this computer know that it comes with the terrible display now I want to know that what is the suitable screen that I should buy for this laptop and if I get one and replaced it will it void my warrant and all in all can anyone tell me How do I get the bezel off? I would be really glad to know this if anyone could help me on this thanks

Re: How is your experience in swapping the Dell XPS 14 L401x Screen?

If you really want to buy a screen for your laptop I would certainly suggest you should go for 14.0 inch LG LP140WD1 TLA1 Laptop LCD Screen with 1600x900 wide screen and LED Glossy I really like this one and recommend you this as it is the best option for you that I can see at the moment

Hi I know how you I get the bezel off just follow the following step

1. On the top where the camera is with the help of you figure gently lift up, just on the bottom of the bezel from beneath it You'll hear an unsnapping.
    2. After that, just down the sides starting at the top corners until you find the bottom by the axis.
    3. As you get to the outer part of the axis, begin on the on the inside by doing the similar way you did earlier on the top side.
    4. Now you must have the whole bezel, apart from for over the hinges free.
    5. Now wit you hand grab both sides off the bezel on top and shove down until you hear the bezel unsnap from top hinges.

You should do this gently as this is very delicate stuff so doesn’t be fast, just slowly apply force until you listen to it snap, the snaps are more often than not spaced apart around the bezel, if you unsnap it about the actual LCD you'll be safer. I don't have any idea if it's simpler to take out it the second time since it previously unsnapped it once earlier hope this will come handy to you

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate this and I will sure do this and will also take care while get the bezel off will do it gradually however my third question that will this void my warranty this is the most important question for me so please guys I really need your help thanks

I am not sure about this but if you ask me I feel it will not t void your warranty, as I just few days ago spoken to the Dell customer care and they don’t provide any help on the display problem , although the LG has a guarantee of its own so it shouldn’t be a trouble with the dell if you change the screen your laptop rest of the parts will be still be under warranty

I have a question I am also planning to swap my display and the option given above is good but I still wanna know that is there better screen than that and do any one evaluate with the HP radiance display or do we have any other option for this I want 14 inch 1080p screens? Pleas guys do reply on this I would really appreciate this thanks

I am really sorry I did all the research on this and not yet found any 14 inch 1080p screens that can replace the Dell XPS 14 L401x Screen . I was also thinking to find this and replace it would be really awesome on Dell XPS 14 L401x but no is the answer so far but if there anyone who can get this I would be glad

I don’t understand what is the problem with the dell this is for sure that Dell is known about this display problem why don’t they halts making computers with these display. I am ready to pay out more or less $2000 on the XPS 14 if it has every trimmings however reading these display analysis, I am not going to buy it any longer. I will stay a few months then check what happens, as I am a devoted Dell customer for my previous 2 laptops above the past 7 years. Now I think it time for change This is actually unacceptable

In fact I say all who pre order this laptop should cancel their order and the reason should be given this deficient screen then only the dell will understand this is the only technique Dell will modify stuff now I have read an article that Dell escalations manager maintain the L401x display is "technically equal or superior to the original systems"(M1330).

Hi guys I was seeing ever where and can’t find any where the method to popping off the bezel around the screen this is really frustrating can anyone here help me on this I would be really glad to know this as this issue seems to be never ending and I am unable to find any way to solve this I would be really great Any other tips would be great,

Quote Originally Posted by Oms-waroop View Post
    Hi I know how you I get the bezel off just follow the following step

1. On the top where the camera is with the help of you figure gently lift up, just on the bottom of the bezel from beneath it You'll hear an unsnapping.
    2. After that, just down the sides starting at the top corners until you find the bottom by the axis.
    3. As you get to the outer part of the axis, begin on the on the inside by doing the similar way you did earlier on the top side.
    4. Now you must have the whole bezel, apart from for over the hinges free.
    5. Now wit you hand grab both sides off the bezel on top and shove down until you hear the bezel unsnap from top hinges.

You should do this gently as this is very delicate stuff so doesn’t be fast, just slowly apply force until you listen to it snap, the snaps are more often than not spaced apart around the bezel, if you unsnap it about the actual LCD you'll be safer. I don't have any idea if it's simpler to take out it the second time since it previously unsnapped it once earlier hope this will come handy to you
    This is only way that I already mention did you not see this or this is not working for you I did mine by searching the video for the same an d I found the solution that instance if you not getting this then I would suggest go for the video search hope this will helps you