Thread: MSI released VGA BIOS updates for GTX 570/580

MSI released VGA BIOS updates for GTX 570/580

Many people might have experienced several black screen when playing the battlefield 3. My computer is running with MSI GTX 580 Lightning XE and up till now i haven't seen any kind of issues or any bottleneck while playing games. Now BF3 causing every issues. So for this MSI launched a official VGA BIOS updates and these updates specifically meant for GTX 570 and GTX 580. For Lightning Editions does not require BIOS update.

Re: MSI released VGA BIOS updates for GTX 570/580

The BIOS is a kind of "modular", the basic structure comes directly from nVidia and the individual manufacturer, it can either be used directly as it is, or make your own modifications to it. You can do an update, but it is not really recommended, if it goes wrong, the manufacturer is liable only to the card. Although it runs under the warranty, however, can then send the card and you're the back, it can take 6 weeks schonmal.

According to the description, was the VGA BIOS and updated by loading the BIOS update.

This requires possibly for a new VGA drivers

MSI already proposed for some time a utility called MSI Live Update which allowed to automatically update the BIOS and Windows drivers for MSI motherboards. This utility now offers in addition to updating the bios and drivers for your graphics card MSI. Take still keep using this utility because despite the presence of a module named SafeBIOS supposed to prevent crashes flash the bios, this style of operation is always a minimum risk ...

I bought the Hawk right after its release. Unfortunately, however, beginning to MSI so overly cautious that the fans at the slightest increase in temperature was already turning up. What me, who wants to have a quiet PC, gets on my nerves pretty quickly. So I had the card manually using Afterburner to 40% turn down for me but what is supposed to represent a permanent solution .... Now I have read the MSI released a new VGA BIOS for the Hawks and has unfortunately could not find until now.