Thread: Nvidia windows kernel mode v285.79 driver error

Nvidia windows kernel mode v285.79 driver error

Currently i am using the Asus GTX 560. But there is frequent error saying that display driver nvidia windows kernel mode driver version 196.21 has stopped responding and recovered successfully. After the error the screen goes black and after 10 seconds it will automatically recover. I have seen many threads about this error for the previous version drivers and annoying thing is that it is still continuing in new drivers also. I dont know whether the Nvidia is aware about this or not. This error only comes when I'm browsing or playing 2d programs. there is no problem when i am playing. I cannot find out whats wrong the system yet even after several checks.

Re: Nvidia windows kernel mode v285.79 driver error

I have the same problem, but not in the browser, but in games. Furthermore, I have not overclocked my GPU. I also succeeded only once in time for the switch to the desktop because most of the computer hangs. I still have a old GTS 8800 with a 570 but also the already occurred. I would approach as follows. First, an older graphics card drivers and install and test until it occurs again. Should the case be checked if your onboard graphics or just the way the API is still enabled and then disable them. I myself have not had time to test this. In addition, the error also occurs very rarely in me.

Try resetting your video card/check its all the way down & check the power connector.

Consider a new updated driver.

Is it a overclocked edition?

I had the same problem with nvidia driver to get off the official website, "the controller stopped working and recovered" all the time, in my case is old 197.45 driver for 8500 GT, the solution I gave him tired after much deny was taking video card original cd and install the driver for Windows Vista x64, this fix the problem permanently, I hope works for you, I gave a lot of laps until I did that. I have a installed the windows 7 x64, of course before re-install the driver from your CD that you uninstall the driver and restart the PC.

It happened to me was not the same and no control, was that the board was failing memory, compaq new models have a tendency to raise much room, if you do not care that detail the machine overheats, and if that happens to too often can cause damage to various components, including the video card or RAM. Get one test software components such as EVEREST to test memory and video, I resolved to change the memory board with a new one.

What driver version? Could be that it helps an older version to be ingested. Or to uninstall the update in question and only at times hide the update. But please uninstall the old driver before you import the current - or it could be that older and newer files are mixed and there certainly are problems.

I had the video card overclocked, and then there was always this error. you will see when you will soon come again in few hours, I also thought that it finally works again, and bam few hours later I had this problem again.

For this problem, there is only one solution, namely to update the BIOS. what else will not, believe me, I asked in a computer company said the new graphics card or bios endweder renew and I have also made. since the rest is finite. the problem containing the graphic types is that they have bios defect one when you need high performance, the chip warm, the graphics then switches eg from at 70C, but by the software fault already at 50 or 45 C and therefore is just "the driver was restored".

This must not necessarily lie on overclocking, as you already said you did not have it overclocked. Otherwise it's the BIOS version of your graphics card.

Often crash of the video driver, if the cards are operated outside of its specification (too crass OCing) or the NT delivers too little power. Also, it would be good times to read the system temperatures and pay attention to anomalies. Even hot Graphics to cause such crashes

Look at the manufacturer of your computer to see if the driver does not offer itself for the graphics card, because some manufacturers use video cards that are different from the mass and require specially adapted driver. There is also offering graphics card manufacturer's own driver for the above reason, at times only to give an example MSI.