Thread: Suggestion for best geforce card

Suggestion for best geforce card

I am not well experienced with changing the things like graphic card. I was searching that which is the best nvidia geforce gtx card that could run on my system flawlessly. Below is the system that I am using. If you are having any idea about this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.
    • Dell Studio 540
    • Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
    • Processor: Pentium Dual Core CPU E5200 at 2.50 GHz 2(2CPUs), 2.5GHz
    • Memory: 2048MB RAM
    • Graphics card is nvidia geforce 9800 gt

Re: Suggestion for best geforce card

Since the machine that you are using is just having the 300-watt power supply and this is the reason that you must replace that earlier than you buy some card and therefore I am telling you that this is worth to upgrade it. My suggestion to you is to place that with the 500 - 600 watt power supply a nd when you do this then installing the EVGA 560ti card will be very helpful to you.

You can consider the Geforce GTX 590. The initial version of the Geforce GTX 590 suffered from problems related to energy phases (most copies were burnt physical damage to VRMs) hardware problems that obviously were never officially recognized by the Nvidia. The GTX 590 will use a new PCB which will feature new inductors, which due to its greater volume cause the PCB is larger / longitude, and therefore may be incompatible with current improved cooling solutions and liquid exist for the Geforce GTX 590 originals.

You can also consider to have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 295. This is also one of the best options for you. I am using the same and that is running great.

Quote Originally Posted by dkbose View Post
    You can also consider to have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 295. This is also one of the best options for you. I am using the same and that is running great.
    I am also agree with this. GeForce GTX 295 is the name of the graphics card to recover from the perspective of Nvidia in the correct order in the benchmarks. Nvidia uses the card to the revised GT200b GPU that is produced in a modern 55-nm process and a lower power consumption by a dual-GPU card made possible.

If you are going to get the GeForce GTX295 then you must know that what is the minimum system requirement that you must have in your computer in order to avoid any kind of issue with this. Please take a look at this.
    • Product Name: GeForce GTX295
    • GPU: NVIDIA GTX200
    • GPU Frequency: 576 MHz
    • Memory: 1792 MB GDDR3 memory (896 MB per GPU)
    • Memory Frequency: 999 MHz (2000 MHz)
    • Bandwidth: 223.8 GB / sec
    • RAMDAC: 2 x 400 MHz
    • Bus: PCI-Express 2.0 16x
    • Cooling System: 2-Slot Fan
    • Connectivity: HDMI + 2 Dual Link DVI
    • Consumption Maximum: 289 W
    • Minimum required power supply: 680 W

As you know, the new NVIDIA graphics have support for Pixel Shaders and Vertex Shaders 3.0 which will be implemented under current DirectX 9.0. However, for proper operation of these new features will need a new version of the API from Microsoft. The Shader Model 3.0 specifications were defined in 2002, Microsoft included its support in version 9.0 of its DirectX API. Shader Model 3.0 is not an improvement over the old Shader Model 2.0, which allows software developers to create larger, more complex programs for current graphics cards. The problem arises when we find that only the new GeForce 6 support Shader Model 3.0.

The current Nvidia graphics drivers, better known as Forceware, already have support for working with Shader Model 3.0. However, if you do not have the Direct X 9.0c (the latest version of DirectX. In this the Microsoft provides support for this new technology) then the user does not have this feature.

This appears to solve the problem to exploit all the technical features offered by this card. They should launch a totally new Microsoft DirectX. Anyway, there is still no games that include Pixel Shaders 3.0, so this problem does not affect end users point of the card. The game developers that are properly subscribed to Microsoft's beta program can have the first beta of DirectX 9.0c easily. Despite this, the new NVIDIA chips have been received with enthusiasm by the vast majority of developers.

What makes the performance of a card is all about the graphics processor. It also affects our day on the overall performance of the PC. Otherwise, you compare the amount of onboard memory, the size of the card (some may be too long or too wide to fit in your PC. The graphics card has any real importance in the fields of 3D applications and of course in the Games. For the Internet, video or Office all the cards current market more than enough. Their power is in fact sufficient to reproduce high-definition video. In addition, the new generation of Web browsers now know exploit the potential of graphics cards to accelerate the display of pages and their multimedia elements.

You will require to have the newest and best Geforce card is suitable for games and therefor you can also consider the 8800 GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaaruchandra View Post
    You will require to have the newest and best Geforce card is suitable for games and therefor you can also consider the 8800 GTX.
    Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to get the Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX as you suggested. Thank you again.