Thread: Getting black screen after installing 285.62 drivers of Nvidia GTX 560 Ti on Windows 7

Getting black screen after installing 285.62 drivers of Nvidia GTX 560 Ti on Windows 7

As the title of this particular thread is saying what issue I am getting over here. Recently I have installed 285.62 drivers on Windows 7 so that I can play Battlefield 3 on the computer of mine. after installing the drivers I have played the game without any issue. However I am getting black screen while playing some M2TS files while playing on the Windows Media Player. Let me know if you are having any idea on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting black screen after installing 285.62 drivers of Nvidia GTX 560 Ti on Windows 7

Well there are lots of people who are facing the same see issue which you have stated over here. I would like to comment that you should check the memory as well as GPU usage. Another thing which I wanted to tell you that you should rename the BF3.exe file as well as reinstalling the same on the computer.

Re: Getting black screen after installing 285.62 drivers of Nvidia GTX 560 Ti on Windows 7

Looking at the matter I am suggesting that you should disable as PhysX on the computer.
    • You should go for Nvidia control Panel and select the set physx configuration which is located at the left menu.
    • Now you have to disable the same and see whether it is working or not.

I think there is need of turning off the hardware acceleration on the computer of yours.
    1. You have to click on the go for Appearance and the Personalization.
    2. Now you have to click on the Advanced Settings.
    3. From the monitor properties you have to click on the Troubleshoot tab and click on the Change settings.
    4. Now click on the Continue .
    5. Now you have to move the Hardware Acceleration to the third notch and click on Ok button.
    6. After that you should reboot the Windows and see whether it is working or not.

There is need of reinstalling the drivers on the computer. if you are not able to fix the matter than I recommend that you should visit the official website and look for the drivers and install the same on the computer of yours. so try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to tell you that there is an issue with the graphic card drivers issue itself. I mean there could be bug issue with the drivers and it should be fixed by the developer. Also I am suggesting that you should contact the technical support team to get the further assistance on this particular matter. you should tell about the problem which you are getting and they will let you know about the possible solution to fix the matter of yours.