Thread: Can I use 5 monitors in surround on the Nvidia GeForce GTX 480?

Can I use 5 monitors in surround on the Nvidia GeForce GTX 480?

can I use 5 identical monitors into the 2D surround? Right now I am having 2 monitors and it would be great if I will be able to get the 3 monitors. I think it would be great if I will be able to play the game with the 5 into the portrait mode. Right now I am having GeForce GTX 480. Let know if you are having any idea on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can I use 5 monitors in surround on the Nvidia GeForce GTX 480?

Yes I agree that if will be wonderful experience if there is Five monitors. However right now NVIDIA is having limited implementation for the three displays and so far there is no future planning support for the more than three displays with Nvidia video cards.

Looking at the situation I wanted to tell you that 3D Surround is limited with the 3 displays. However the surround such as EyeFinity is limited with the 8 displays not for the 24 displays. The recent GPU from the nVidia will give the output the couple of display so you will be able to run couple of display per GPU. I have searched on the internet and I have found that GTX460 2Win will be able to run 4 monitors in surround.

Quote Originally Posted by Oms-waroop View Post
    Looking at the situation I wanted to tell you that 3D Surround is limited with the 3 displays. However the surround such as EyeFinity is limited with the 8 displays not for the 24 displays. The recent GPU from the nVidia will give the output the couple of display so you will be able to run couple of display per GPU. I have searched on the internet and I have found that GTX460 2Win will be able to run 4 monitors in surround.

Well I agree with the thing which you have mentioned over here and another thing which you would like to know here. You can have the three displays with the single card to get the 3D entertainment. If you are looking to get four display than you should disable the surround and combine up for the maximum output.

Well I am having 3 display with 1080p and it seems to running fine on the ultra with GTX480 SLI rig. I need to lower down the settings for the each and every game which I am playing on the computer.

You are looking that the videos are stored on the cards then so with the 5*1050*1680 you will be able to get 8 820 000 pixels in every single frame. If you are looking to get the nice FPS than 8 820 000 pixels*60FPS will be equal to 529 200 000 pixels at each and every second rather than of the 105 840 000 for the single display. Hence there will be need of big amount of the memory if you are looking to get the big resolution.
    Personally I don’t think so 3 displays in to the 3D is seems to be less pixels intensive since the GPU is need to render for the couple of different "video" at the 120 FPS.